Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Phase Locked Loop

Started by angryScientist, October 03, 2007, 04:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olympios

I have seen something similar designed by Bob Boyce. He did not disclose the construction of the toroid though due to dangers involved.

AhuraMazda

@olympios
Look at Patrick Kelly's D9, page 11.

angryScientist

Thanks AhuraMazda

It's still kind of funny to me how all these projects are related. Here's the link to it by the way.
http://pesn.com/2007/09/29/9500450_BobBoyce_Electrolizer_Plans/d9.pdf

I now know where my friend got his numbers from. We'll have to do some in depth sweeps to find out for sure.

Also I found some information that has to do with this type of project. This is much of what I had in mind for the simple fact of the tuning. The information about the Phase locked loop circuit is helpful as well.

4 interacting Tesla coils
http://members.aol.com/alansharp03/Quad.htm

Good info on connecting FETs to a tuned circuit
QuoteOK, I do know some things:Use transmission line construction techniques.

Keep ALL connections to FETs SHORT (like less than 1/8 inch) to FET body.

Use RC snubbers on each FET to protect from kickback and parasitics.We had zeners as well.

Cross your fingers.

You can run the FETs at their ratings. It just must be done right. You must stop all ringing and spurs. I have never experienced kickback from the secondary as I have in sparkgap TCs.
QuoteThe circuit itself is quite involved and was not designed by me. The main problem was FETs blowing up like firecrackers. They require heavy output snubbing and transmission line construction techniques to keep parasitics under control. Not a project for the faint of heart (or budget). Mine was VERY expensive. I would not do it again.

The H-bridge made of 16 FETs fed the primary winding directly with no primary capacitor. This means the system had only one resonant frequency instead of two and made things much much friendlier. The coupling was tight (link type coupling) and the resonant nature of the secondary reflected back into the primary winding presenting a load that is purely resistive (mostly) at resonance. Power regulation was had by slight FMing of the carrier frequency (detuning).

Good luck Zap, Mark
http://members.aol.com/alansharp03/Bartons.htm

Correct me if I'm wrong, the toroid is wound around a core bundle of wire. So the core is like the secondary and we are trying to tune to it. Not to mention add another harmonic or two.

That is a bit simplistic but it hits most most of the main points I understand.

giantkiller

That is exactly what I did and the results are phenominal.
A totally configurable core to any shape. That is why I did it and it works.
http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topic,1872.msg21437.html#msg21437

--giantkiller.

bolt

No need to worry about PLL at this time as no one has yet seen anything that resembles extra power.  Wait till you get a big bang then quickly write down the frequencies and then worry about PLL later :)