Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Electrical Faux Pas

Started by z_p_e, November 11, 2007, 03:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z_p_e

Wattsup,

I think what BEP was referring to was the "artificial" creation of a RMF by two methods.

In general, there are 2 schools of thought on creating a RMF (there is at least one other known method using two wire loops in quadrature, but in regards to the TPU, these two only have been discussed):

1) wind several coils on a toroid ring and energize (or switch on) each one in succession in a circular pattern

2) wind 4 (or more even number) of coils in the same fashion as above, connect and drive them (as per Tesla et al) in such a fashion that the vector sum of the B fields create a "pseudo" RMF.

Method 1 imo deviates the most from a true RMF.

Method 2 is up for debate imo, but BEP (and others) say that it is not a true RMF (which is why I called it "pseudo"). This may be true, but until I try it myself, I won't say for sure one way or the other.

Vortex1

Quote"One thing is an absolute fact, and that is that the electron transit time of tubes is very-very fast
compared to transistors"......Marco

Transit time is defined as:

1: The time taken for a charge carrier to cross a given path
2: The average time a minority carrier takes to diffuse from emitter to collector in a junction transistor
3: The time an electron takes to cross the distance between the cathode and the anode

Switching time is defined as:

1: The interval between the reference time and the last instant at which the instantaneous-voltage responseof a magnetic cell reaches a stated fraction of its peak value.
2:The interval between the reference time and the first instant at which the instantaneous integrated-voltage response reaches a stated fraction of its peak value.

sources: Modern Dictionary of Electronics, Third Edition
   Principles of Electron Tubes, Bell Telephone Laboratories Series, D. Van Nostrand 1966

There seems to be some confusion on this forum of "transit time" vs. "switching time". With regard to vacuum tubes  and "electron transit time", the spacing between the electrodes creates a pure transport delay of information because the carrier electrons require some time to traverse the physical distance. This is not to be confused with "switching time" (which is more effected by interelectrode capacitance) as the information bandwith is not affected, just delayed.

As electrons start with near zero velocity at the cathode and are accelerated towards the anode based on the anode applied voltage, we then have at least two parameters that govern transit time, electrode spacing and applied voltage.

I understand (to some degree) the mechanism of electron transfer in a crystal lattice with doner atoms, but am baffled why this must be slower in all regards than tubes.

Transit time oscillators using semiconductors easily achieve gHz performance.

Perhaps someone can clarify why the claimed transit time of transistors is slower than tubes. Since I can adjust voltage and spacing, this seems to be a generalization. Your help appreciated.

Regards......V.

sparks

Sorry for messing up this thread ;D
Think Legacy
A spark gap is cold cold cold
Space is a hot hot liquid
Spread the Love

wattsup

@Vortex1

Could it be that tranistors have to turn on and off whereas a tube is continuously on and continuously pushing electrons from the filament to the plate. Transitors will produce a more uniform controlled speed, whereas tubes will produce speeds that are inherent to the actual randomness of nature itself. This would imply that the actual speed of a tube is not steady but often times much much faster and sometimes slower than a transistor but in the end, if the plate is considered to be a tank, it is getting filled faster.

The question you ask would be like asking why is a capacitor discharge faster then a straight DC pulse, in its ability to travel through coil windings. Geez, or is it?

@Sparks

I don't know about the black hole as a magnetic ball, but I have thought about this when considering how gravity works. I visioned a tiny black hole in the center of the Earths core and everything is falling into this hole, but the Earths mass, rotation and magnetic field is holding all or most of the mass out of the hole - for now. lol

wattsup

@z_p_e

Here is a question that has been bugging me about capacitors.

Most of the little devices I play around with are on DC. Now I have some capacitors that say DC on them and there is a plus sign on the top next to one of the terminals. Others  only give a voltage and a capacitance value, while others show the same thing but also have one side of the cap that indicates negative.

So can all these caps be used in DC or are there some that can only be used on AC current. Of course one would have to respect the voltage ratings or you will blow the cap like I've done many times. They actually sizzle. lol