Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

high voltage pulse generator good parts? High Voltage Power supply!

Started by CarbedNotch, January 20, 2008, 03:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarbedNotch

I was wondering if these tubes are anything special. This unit is fairly old...

Davetech

Are they tubes?  I thought they (the white things) looked like high voltage capacitors, perhaps of ceramic construction. Just a guess. 

Does the unit work?

CarbedNotch

it does power up and after 5 min of being on the green "Output Ready" light comes on. It is a unit which requires warming up before operation.  As far as output, I do not believe anything is coming out but I'm no expert on this thing. How should I test it?

Davetech

Well, do be very careful with that rig. The meter measures in kilovolts and the transformer looks hefty enough to kill. Not to be condescending, but if you are not familiar with working with electronics and high voltages, you should probably leave it alone. The H.V. caps may hold a charge even when the power is off.

>> Where could I use those high voltage capacitors?

Well, they just do what a capacitor does. They can smooth out a ripple in a dc voltage. They can pass an ac signal while blocking dc. They can be used with a coil to form a resonate circuit. It all depends on what circuit they are used in and where in the circuit they are located. By themselves, they won't do squat.

What makes them high voltage caps is they have a very high break-down voltage. That is, they can withstand a very high voltage without arcing across. Otherwise, they are just capacitors.