Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

NEED HELP! HOW TO MODIFY THE DRINKING BIRD SO AS TO GENERATE MORE OUPUT????

Started by nush-sing-smp, February 05, 2008, 06:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hansvonlieven

Quote from: nush-sing-smp on February 07, 2008, 06:46:45 AM
thanks a lot hansvonlieven,

the minto's wheel is a good invention. however, my question is: if the minto's wheel requires some energy to move, by removin this energy for other purposes, the wheel will stop its movement due to lack of energy, will it not? a similar problem arises with the drinking bird.

another question: assuming there is a lot of extra energy that we can use, how do we harness it?

thanks, once again,
cheers

I am not sure you understand how this contraption works.

This is a simple heat - gravity motor. It uses heat differential to move a body of liquid into an elevated position after which gravity takes over to restore equilibrium, resulting in movement. The amount of torque generated is proportional to the height and weight of the displaced liquid. This energy is usable, minus friction losses of course. It will always be low power and slow rotation or movement.

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

nush-sing-smp

Quote from: hansvonlieven on February 07, 2008, 04:22:30 PM

I am not sure you understand how this contraption works.

This is a simple heat - gravity motor. It uses heat differential to move a body of liquid into an elevated position after which gravity takes over to restore equilibrium, resulting in movement. The amount of torque generated is proportional to the height and weight of the displaced liquid. This energy is usable, minus friction losses of course. It will always be low power and slow rotation or movement.

Hans von Lieven

thanks for explaining about how the the torque affects the amount of energy generated. but by withdrawing energy from the system, there will no longer be a heat differential, am i right? unless, you mean that the energy can be withdrawed so as to result in a heat differential (cool one end by withdrawing energy). then, the pool of water will no longer be needed. or, the thermal properties of either of the containers on each tube can be changed so as to result in a heat differential (eg, painting one silver and the other black).

here is another thought that is a bit off-point, hilarious and maybe unproffessional too.
can a minto's wheel just be made of 2 long, thin hourglasses. give it a slight push initiually and the system will move in a cycle. of course, many factors other need to be considered to build something like this but, since it just just a brief thought, i have not considered them

mapsrg

The best toy Ive seen is one involving a swinging man and a magnet that does not allow a rest state....he swings all day long so proving perpetual motion is possible with the use of gravity/magnets....

FreeEnergy

MeggerMan

@All
I found this giant drinking bird that looks like a scaled up version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ-zeRCUicw&feature=related

Another one doing some work (end of vid):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIjXg5fvvas

Its based on evaporation of water from the fuzzy head, so its going to consume the water in the bucket eventually, which is not too much of a problem.
So a good drying day would be best, but I imagine the output power is not going to be that great no matter how big you make it.
Its interesting as to how it works.
Regards
Rob