Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Hydrogen + buoyancy + depth = overunity?

Started by whatisgod, April 05, 2008, 02:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorpile

Isn't electrolysis harder when you add pressure?

whatisgod

1. So a flowing water source, some type of vibration, a rippled or perforated surface, could keep the anode and cathode clear of bubbles thus improving a fuel cell? I like it.

2. After some more searching I cant seem to find info on increased hydrogen production at higher pressure. Can anyone confirm or negate this? 

3. The deeper you dive in water the lower the temperature, so that needs to be considered in the boiling water concept as well.

4. What about the temperature of the electrolyzed water, is that a factor in electrolysis.

vdubdipr

i personally made 27 lbs of pressure in my electrolyser, this is what happened the bubbles at the top, seemed to hit the open air quicker to a point then as the pressure got higher it seemed to not have that effect more of a frozen "popsicle" type shit.
basicly it worked better in the beginning because there was a smaller foamy area with more water n electrodes butwhen there waas over like 15lbs of pressure the bubbles seemed to slow way down.

i think vaccume electrolysis is the way to go but there too to only a point imagine a pull on the wfc pulling the bubbles up, but too much and maybe youd get some water in the lines. idk  too much of anything is bad i guess what im gonna do is adjust my check valve so there is vacuume pressure n my cell but there will be outside air being drawn into the water bubbling up as well,for the car application. but if i where going to run a lawn mower id just close that and make shure i could make enough hho on demand to keep her runnin with a small amount of psi in the electrolyser.
thats just what i think...

PulsedPower

2. After some more searching I cant seem to find info on increased hydrogen production at higher pressure. Can anyone confirm or negate this?

The pressure you are talking about is small, the nernst equation will allow you to calculate the increase in cell voltage that the increased pressure will cause. The quantity of gas produced has little to do with pressure

3. The deeper you dive in water the lower the temperature, so that needs to be considered in the boiling water concept as well.

No that depends on the convection currents in your vessel, actually water boils at a higher temperature the deeper you go due to increased pressure. Remember the gas is measured in moles or by weight not by volume as the volume is not constant.

4. What about the temperature of the electrolyzed water, is that a factor in electrolysis.

Yes the conductivity of water increases with increasing temperature and the overpotential decreases with increasing temperature.

One thing you have not mentioned is the work done by the expanding gas (the bubbles expand as they rise), is the expansion adiabatic or isothermal or somewhere in between, for the latter two cases the expanding gases will extract heat from the water.

whatisgod

So then the problem is the bubbles attach to the surface and do not releas at higher pressure? I have been lost in thought about this potential problem since I posted the last comment and here are some ideas that I have come up with to over come this.

VIBRATION
Can someone confirm the vibration idea (it worked for me) I just use a battery-powered toothbrush on the side the container. It seemed to work on my hand-powered cell but I do not have the proper measuring devices to appropriately confirm this test. Sound seems like it would be more appropriate for this as the pitch and tone can have an impact on its effectiveness.

I haven?t had a chance to test some the different ideas about changing the surface of the cell plates yet. (I ran out of my stock of razor blades. I do these experiments on a budget.) But here they are in no specific order.

1). Perforations to increase the overall surface area of the plate and help the bubbles slide away from the surface. Slits or elongated teardrop shapes could do this I think.

2).  Vertical scratches or ripples like potato chips to help the bubbles slide up the surface of the cell plate as long as the valleys are covered with something that will not conduct electricity.

3). Maybe covering the plate in a way that only a specific area that is shaped to a point can produce the gas, like vertical needles. This could allow the bubbles to clear themselves in a chain reaction as they rise and slide up the needle to the surface.

4). Straw like tubes with the outside surface covered allowing the bubbles to produce a vertical flow of water inside tube the chain reaction in this could be beneficial as well.

5). Cone shaped cell plates could assist in the ?chain reaction? idea as well but separating the two gasses could become a problem with this.