Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Is this a new windmill concept ? i just drew it up

Started by Haliburton, May 02, 2008, 08:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haliburton

the bottom of the shield produces a Venturi effect downwards,  i wonder if this wind turbine is more practical than a windmill
???

Doug1

It looks possible and sort of like the Coanda effect. I think if you place ribs on the incline side of your
leading air foil you would cut down on surface resistance between the incoming air stream and the surface of flat plate that is forcing the air up into the blades. Air will cavitate in the ribs allowing the incoming air flow to slide over the cavitating swirls in the ribs with very little drag as compared to air passing over a smooth flat surface. Surface tension is good for blades not for channeling flows. You can examine the effect with how an open tail gate on a pick up truck actually reduces gas millage.
  I use the same properties in the application of thermal emissive coatings a rate of 3 to 1 to increase cooling effeciencies with a highly reduced drag compared to smooth surfaces. The cooling wont help you but the lower drag on the incline foil will greatly improve your use of the lower wind speeds.
   Of course if you want to get fancy or complicated you could make use of the incline plate for a heat sink/ heat pump with peltiers and a joule thief to add temperature stability to your gen. Keeping things simple usually wins in the end.

Ren

Nice concept. I wonder if you could incorporate it into a VAWT design. Check the windmills out on this page.

http://www.platek.com/wind/verticals.html

Doug1

Thats is a good use of the convection uplift off the home roof top to aid the wind gen.
  Waste not want not.
  Pretty sporty looking too hit it with 3 different color lights form three different positions and it would be eye catchy on top of a commercial building or apartment high rise. Shame they are not better at promoting themselves.

Haliburton
   I just noticed your picture icon thing ,thats pretty funny.