Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Gravity based wind mill design

Started by Onevoice, May 16, 2008, 01:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blacksmith

1/8" mild steel will bend without heating, use a form and wrap the rod around it.
You should be able to get 1/8" rod at a welding store.

Onevoice

Well, as usual, I'm behind on my efforts, but I did do some catch up work last night, after the kids - and the wife - went to sleep. I've finished cutting out a set of 4 new lifters using the high density cardboard backing from the flooring samples and attached the brass hinges to them. I am using 3/4 by 3/4 square blocks as stands to hold the lifters but I'm finding that the cardboard separates easily from the flooring when I cut the pieces that small so I'm reinforcing them with a little carpenters glue. I also cut out several smaller pieces of the wood without the cardboard to use as the stands for the stator. The hardwood surfaces on them should be able to hold the stator straps much better than particle board. I've glued 5 of the stands on one side of the wheel's frame.

Next on the to-do list:

1) Finish assembling the rotor lifters and attach 2 of them to the wheel.
2) Get a new (and probably thinner) metal dowel for the stator - see if I can get a softer iron material instead of steel - and work up some kind of jig to bend it evenly.
3) Take back the crappy metal shears and get a better one so I can finish the magnet holders.
quote: The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many - Capt. James T. Kirk

Onevoice

PS. If anyone has been lurking and\or following my thread, I've been toying with using an odd number of lifters vs an even number. Even is easier to layout and is the simplest lever arrangement, but an odd number may lend some additional asymmetry. Whatcha think? ???
quote: The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many - Capt. James T. Kirk

Onevoice

Status update:

I've finished rebuilding my wheel with the hardwood lifters and outer stays for the stator. On two of the lifters, I've built my magnet holders. I also have cut out several copper strips to hold the stator in place. I bought a 1/8 in rod from Lowe's and I'm using a paint can as a jig to bend the wire. Its close to the 8 1/2 in diameter circle that I need for phase 2 in my experiment. - I'm going to completely encircle the wheel with the wire and trim out the distances between the magnets and the wire to get a smooth turning wheel with the magnets trapped in proximity to the wire all around.

Onevoice

Big P.S: Thanks Blacksmith! I think it might work this time  :)