Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

put this in your pipe and smoke it.......possible gas saver.. what do you think?

Started by vdubdipr, June 07, 2008, 12:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdubdipr

by the end of this topic i want to be fully baked..so if you dont mind pass this back, and tell me what you think...
ok a "race car" (sarcastic) has a muffler and a rear spoiler. that makes a.noise and b. downforce to hold your race car to the road. forget about a.  ...f*ck a. lets think about b. angle b. the spoiler the otherway and create "upforce" woulndt this make the car lighter ...making it easier to keep the same speed like on the freeway?> mythbusters just validated "drafting" behind a semi will increase fuel economy by alot, so why not create upforce on a big ass suv and make it lighter?  peace
thats just what i think...

azk8

no free lunch here, the "lift" it will produce will use energy from the car by adding drag, whether you install the spoiler backwards or not.
An agressive spoiler on a race car will improve stability at the cost of speed.

BRAHMA

the angle of your spoiler no matter what direction will cause friction.

vdubdipr

i thought of drag, but what if the lift is the higher number of the equation, or on another level what about an airplane wing, in the 60's people too that concept to boats and it was called a hydrofoil, the water travels over the top of the foil faster than the bottom creating a low pressure zone, this whould lift the boat completely out of the water, a 12ft aluminum boat with a 30 hp motor would go like 40mph.
if somekind of airfoil was used then it would have to work, i stuck with the spoiler for ease of explination. picture a airplane wing mounted on top of a car like a spoiler, i know would be creating lift with less drag, finding the perfect balance i bet one could achieve some good freeway miles to the gallon.....
thats just what i think...

resonanceman

vdubdipr]

Sorry   

Some  Ideas  just arn't  practical.

I don't  think  that  using a wing  to lift a car  will save  any energy .  But lets  say that it  did .

Lets  also say that  we made a car that  was  50%  supported  by the wing  at 60 MPH

What happens to the  brakes  of this car   when  half  the weight of the car is   supported  by  the wing?
How sharp  of a corner  could   you  turn at 60 MPH?  Or 90 MPH ?
How  much  crosswind   could   you  handle?
WHat  bout hydroplaning ?

Race  cars   use  spoilers  that  increase  drag  because the spoilers  in effect  increase  the effective  weight  of the car for breaking and  traction  .           This allows  them to   drive  fast more safely .

gary