Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Gravity Mill - any comments to this idea?

Started by ooandioo, November 03, 2005, 06:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ooandioo

I also spent some time thinking about the gravity mill - still I am not able to say its working or not. You are right, if the pipe could really be as large as possible there would be an imbalance that can be used for overunity. I think some more practical tests will be needed in order to find this out (tbird - thanks for the first live-test). We should clear out how high the water can be pumped out of the pipe.

Andi.

tbird

Quotenow how much water in weight did you get out? would it be heavy enough to push the piston all the way back down?

hi FreeEnergy,

i moved all the water in the pipe above the styrofoam except what went by the loose fit.  as long as you have a positive buoyancy you will push out all the water above except what gets by the piston.  the closer the fit, the less loss.  this brings us to "head pressure".  most pumps give you a head value.  this is the height the pump can pump the fuild in a given size pipe before it can't pump.  this will be dependent on the size of pipe used from the outlet (in our case, above water level).  the smaller the pipe, the less liquid, the less weight, the higher the lift.  in our case, it does not change the amount, just how long to get it.  less flow = longer time.  still will be all the water above except losses by piston (and any leaks in the plumbing).  AND, this is only half the cycle.  as far as using all the water to compress the piston, i wouldn't plan on using much more than 10% of the water available.  you will have plenty of time to fill a reservoir (small) that will work the lever that will lift and park the weight that does the recompression.  this leaves 80+% of the water to do work.  are you with me?

ooandioo ,

i wouldn't call it an "imbalance", i would call it a positive pressure supplying a reservoir (or 2) that supplies constant water flow to do work.  your own personal water fall.

what other test would you like to have done?

before you can tell how high, you have to know the size of the mill (this doesn't seem like the right name for it).  anyway, we also need to know how we will use the energy.  this will tell us how much electricty (if that's what you want to produce) we need, which would tell us (we could work out the math) how much flow, etc... so, maybe we need to focus on a common size.  we can always up or down size it later.  do we want to start with a proof of concept or go right to a useful unit?

i fear my post will be fairly long winded, but if you will read, i will write.

tbird

It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it!

hartiberlin

Hi TBird,
I had another look at all the graphics , which were
a bit confusing the first time I looked at them..
Hmm, maybe this concept is really having some merit ?

Many thanks for making this experiment.
How much water can you press out of the pipe ?
At what height is the pipe over the water surface ?

The main question is now, how much water-weight  x distance to move ( lever action) do you need
to recompress the swimmer-piston ?
I guess there is pretty much energy needed, right  ?

Can somebody calculate this and show, if the potential energy of the water:
water-mass x g x heightdifference is then bigger than the energy needed to recompress this
swimmer-piston ?
Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

2tiger

Hi
I?m sure that this won?t work as long this SHUTTLE is piston like!
Well I begin with the downward phase.
A body will only sink if it is heavier then the weight of the amount of displaced water, equivalent to the body?s volume. In reverse case is this the reason why big tankers are able to swim.
As long the shuttle is piston like with seals it won?t displace water in any kind, because the body is not surrounded by water.
So nothing would happen. If the colum of water has a height of 20 m (10m in water and 10m over surface), by diameter of 1 m, and the shuttle"piston" is 1 m high at surface position, so its is trying to push 9 m colum of water against the pressure in the deep. More the IMPOSSIBLE!
Therefor any drop of water would reach the surface through this small pipe aside.

Now the upward phase!
Assuming that shuttle sinks against all rules and we have enough pressure to doubble its volume, the shuttle has now a height of 2 m.
Nothing will happen, too! Because 2m water colum, equivalent to the body?s volume is now trying for vaine to lift a 18m water colum  :o (now through this "magical valve"!!) even against the friccion of the pistons seal.

I think that in overunity.com there are more inventions / setups / machines that are more worth to think about it!

By
2Tiger

ooandioo

Since I found the gravity mill, the idea flashes in my head. Some times ago, I allready had some interesting contact with physics and mathmatics experts in german about one part of the gravity mill (http://www.wasser.de/aktuell/forum/index.pl?job=thema&tnr=100000000002584&seite=1&begriff=auftrieb&tin=&kategorie=).

I'm happy that the idea is now back in the "charts". Lets see, what we can make out of it.

Andi.