Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

To be deleted

Started by nul-points, October 05, 2008, 10:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nul-points

hi all

i'm not aiming to start an ongoing thread here, because this result is part of my experiments with switched charge
   http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=4419.msg128942#msg128942
but i thought this was significant enough to give a heads-up to anyone whose tests involve recapturing fly-back energy from a coil

as i understand it, the official line on fly-back energy is that you only get back what you put in

the measurements i'm making on my switched-charge circuit show something different!

i'm pulse-charging a capacitor via a coil, and i also have a resistive load in series with them too

fly-back energy is returned to the RLC branch, after the pulse, via the diode at the positive end of the coil (see the negative portion of each Red trace)

the traces below - the first and last pulses in the switched-charge burst used to charge my output cap - show the applied pulse across the RLC branch (in Red) and the voltage across the 10 ohm resistor (in Blue)

you can see that, at the point that the pulses switch off, the current through the RLC branch was still rising, so the coil field is still being 'charged'

the traces clearly show that energy input to the RLC branch during the pulse is a fraction of the energy input which continues after the pulse stops

Energy input to the load for the first pulse:

57.6uJoules
  16.0uJ from the pulse
  41.6uJ from flyback

Energy input to the load for the last pulse:

20.2uJoules
  8.9uJ from the pulse
11.3uJ from flyback

the proportion of flyback energy to pulse energy reduced with each pulse between the first and last, as the stored voltage across the capacitor increased, but the ratio was always > 1

[this now gives further support to the overunity results i'm seeing on the switched-charge experiment - until now i couldn't see where the additional energy was entering the system - it appears that it's being supplied from the coil field collapse as flyback energy, extra to that supplied from the input capacitor]

-----------------------------------------------
some more details on test setup:-

my coil is approx 2.5mH, 0.5 ohm DC resistance, so the I^2*R loss in the coil is only 1/20th of the power developed across the load

pulse width as shown here is approx 77us, but this is not a critical value** - it's just an example

the first pulse peak-voltage shown is 8.3V approx (the initial voltage on my input cap) and the final pulse peak-voltage is 7.8V approx

**the pulse width could be increased until the RLC current, as monitored by the load resistor, maxes-out
(this assumes the core doesn't get saturated before this point)

any more width on the pulse, after that point, will not increase the coil field, it will just result in increasing energy lost in the coil thro' I^2*R loss

so, to achieve most benefit from flyback, the pulse width should always be less than the value which maxes-out the RLC current (or saturates the core)

Doc Ringwood's Free Energy site  http://ringcomps.co.uk/doc
"To do is to be" ---  Descartes;
"To be is to do"  ---  Jean Paul Sarte;
"Do be do be do" ---  F. Sinatra

turbo

Hi Nul-points  :)

I have seen similar behaviour.
You can put a variable capacitor over the coil for example like 10 to 500 pF.
Then you can tune the oscillation to certain frequencies.
If you place a pickup element near the coil ,like these things they used in old cassette players and video recorders, and you amplify the sound then you can actually listen to the collapse which has a verry familiar sound.
You can also use it to listen to permanent magnets.

Marco.

nul-points

hi Marco - interesting observation, thanks - i guess you're referring to the oscillations on the 'pulse' waveform (Red trace)

maybe i should make it clear that the energy gain is shown on the 'load' waveform (Blue trace)

the left-hand side of the triangle waveform (representing energy input pulse) is smaller than the right-hand side of the triangle waveform (representing additional energy gained from the flyback)

PS   i see the link to my switched-charge experiment thread didn't make it as an active link above
  http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=4419.msg128942#msg128942

all the best
sandy

nul-points

thread title changed to clarify that these results show overunity flyback energy

260%  additional energy returned on first pulse
127%  additional energy returned on last pulse

all the best
sandy

forest

Please,if you have the circuit still, could you measure flyback energy when coil in your circuit is exactly inline with Earth magnetic field in N-S direction and then in E-W direction ?