Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

I have a question re: Solar Energy, if im right, I may have a brilliant idea

Started by MrKrysis, October 07, 2008, 08:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Creativity

Quote from: nightlife on October 07, 2008, 10:41:43 PM

We have found that we can use pulses of energy to power artificial lights and it uses a lot less energy. I am wondering how must energy can be retrieved from a pulsed light source? Any amount retrieved would add to the overall efficiency of the energy used.

that man's eye cannot see fast enough pulsing ,makes it to work just fine for light purposes(for example a common fly can see blinking of the TLC tube).Brain keeps an after image of light for some brief moment and "fills in" light gaps.Does a solar panel have man's eye property? i doubt it,but don't say it is impossible neither. I would expect the solar panel to deliver more power when under full light,rather than pulsed one. PV power is proportional to amount of photons it can catch,if u have less photons in pulsed light then it seams reasonable to compare it to a light of a lower intensity...or fast day-night cycles and everyone knows just how much electricity a PV is producing at night :|

PV seams to have a preffered light lenght range,so they will be most efficient under those lights conditions.Its like we cannot see infrared,so it doesn't matter for our eye .
Blues it through your outstanding life,leaving more than just footsteps behind (1999 B-stok by me).

By being intensively responsive to what others say,i do run a risk: I open myself up to the opinions of others.i will,at times, have a great understanding for their opinion.Sometimes,i will even change my own opinion because i realize that the other person is right.This "risk" i do not run if i am unresponsive to what others say.

Steven Dufresne

Quote from: MrKrysis on October 07, 2008, 10:17:11 PM
I wanted to know if there was something that can be used in lieu of the sun to charge a solar panel. Then how much energy would such a device use as opposed to the power it would create in the solar panel, would it be less, equal, or in some way greater then it?

Any store bought light that puts out the same wavelengths that the PV panels work with will do. But, there will be heat losses in the solar panel, then more losses in the wiring going from the PV panels back to the light. So the energy going back into the light would be less than the energy being put out by the light. You'd need an external source of energy to make up for the losses. And then you also want some extra energy out to power something else.

But then again, there's Owen P. Barker's solar harness that somehow used magnets to allegedly produce more power from solar panels. See US patent 5,009,243.
http://www.google.com/patents?id=K-EbAAAAEBAJ&dq=5009243
I did a quick and dirty test once with magnets, a solar cell and the sun but got no increace in output other than normal. But it was quick and dirty and hardly comprehensive. My guess was he was increasing the efficiency of the solar cells by using the magnetic fields to clean up the paths for the electrons to move in the cells, decreasing losses due to heat.

Quote from: MrKrysis on October 07, 2008, 10:17:11 PM
And i forgot to say thank you, that link you gave was very helpful.

You're welcome. I tried to make it simple and clear.
-Steve
http://rimstar.org
He who smiles at lofty schemes, stems the tied of broken dreams. - Roger Hodgson

PYRODIN123321

Hello MrKrysis

I read this and had an idea, not sure if it is possible though.
we use solar panels to collect energy from the photons popping off the extra electron right?

I know that silicon is used in conjunction with phosphorus and boron for a basic panel.
could different elements higher in electrons, two extra electrons instead of one, maybe work for,say, ultraviolet or even gamma or beta radiation?

Why cant we do this for the whole electromagnetic spectrum?
Are  photons only for visible light or are they for the whole spectrum?

Peace.

Steven Dufresne

Quote from: PYRODIN123321 on October 08, 2008, 12:20:17 PM
I know that silicon is used in conjunction with phosphorus and boron for a basic panel.
could different elements higher in electrons, two extra electrons instead of one, maybe work for,say, ultraviolet or even gamma or beta radiation?

I recall reading a few times in the last year of someone finding a way to pop off more than one electron per photon.

Quote from: PYRODIN123321 on October 08, 2008, 12:20:17 PM
Why cant we do this for the whole electromagnetic spectrum?
Are  photons only for visible light or are they for the whole spectrum?

The multijunction solar cells do just this. Silicon solar cells capture only a part of the visible spectrum but multijunction solar cells, such as Spectrolab's, capture more of the visible spectrum along with some of the infrared.
-Steve
http://rimstar.org
He who smiles at lofty schemes, stems the tied of broken dreams. - Roger Hodgson

MrKrysis

It's really hard for me to explain much more of what im talking about without giving the whole thing away.

And i'll be perfectly honest with everyone, I knew very little about solar power/energy until yesterday when this idea popped into my head, and I began to research it.

Right from the beginning my I realized the energy output would probably be less then what was used to power the device charging it.

But i had a theory, even before I read about concentrated solar power, that if we used lenses of some sort, could we perhaps magnify the power? Could we take a small amount of light/heat and somehow amplify the intake to be greater then the output?

Of course doing so would increase the overall production cost, but in the long run I think it would save money, if applied to.... well you know what, i pretty much did give away my whole idea already.

My idea basically is that we could create power, that produces itself. By using solar panels, we could charge an energy source to charge the solar panels.  ;D

and that in itself would be a perpetual energy device would it not? Well maybe not entirely, because the initial start of the machine would take another energy source. If this is at all possible though, it could be applied to all kinds of technology the world over.

and now because Im bad at keeping secrets my idea is out there, and someone else will probably go forth and utilize it and take all the credit, haha.