Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

I have a question re: Solar Energy, if im right, I may have a brilliant idea

Started by MrKrysis, October 07, 2008, 08:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrKrysis

Ok first of all I do have a pretty good idea for a perpetual energy device, but it all depends on one important catalyst, and I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere.

Is there a device, such as a UV light, or other such light source, that could be used to power a solar panel? I know they are designed to take in the rays of the sun, but what exactly is it that is absorbed by these panels from the sun that creates energy?

I read about the photovoltaic effect, but it didn't really answer my question.

If its possible to create energy in a solar panel without the use of the sun, all the while creating more energy then is used to power it, then I think I may have something here. I don't want to explain to much until I know its even feasible to think more into it.

Steven Dufresne

Does the explanation on this page help?
http://rimstar.org/renewnrg/sphowitworks.htm
Some of what you say indicates you already know how it works, so maybe if you explained more of your idea then I could give a better answer.

Quote from: MrKrysis on October 07, 2008, 08:04:11 PM
If its possible to create energy in a solar panel without the use of the sun, all the while creating more energy then is used to power it, then I think I may have something here. I don't want to explain to much until I know its even feasible to think more into it.

When you say "used to power it", is the "it" refering to the solar panel or is the "it" refering to some device you have in mind? Solar panels work by bombarding the electrons with energy, causing them to break free of the atoms. In solar panels, certain wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation, light from the sun, does this.
Does this help at all?
-Steve
http://rimstar.org
He who smiles at lofty schemes, stems the tied of broken dreams. - Roger Hodgson

MrKrysis

Now that I read what I wrote, I really didn't explain myself properly before.

I wanted to know if there was something that can be used in lieu of the sun to charge a solar panel. Then how much energy would such a device use as opposed to the power it would create in the solar panel, would it be less, equal, or in some way greater then it?

MrKrysis

And i forgot to say thank you, that link you gave was very helpful.

nightlife

MrKrysis, this thread has got me thinking. We know that artificial light can be used to power things such as calculators and other items that have solar panels.

We have found that we can use pulses of energy to power artificial lights and it uses a lot less energy. I am wondering how must energy can be retrieved from a pulsed light source? Any amount retrieved would add to the overall efficiency of the energy used.

It would make for a good experiment.

I would like to hear what you have in mind.