Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electricme

@ ist
I noted you got probs with the solar cells, ie low output .5v

Solar cells can be designed to operate best in bright sunlight or overcast days.
Some perform better if there is IR.

Try a different (light) frequency and let us know what happened

When you get the best output, try connecting in series and in series parallel (if you got enough solar pannels)

jim 
People who succeed with the impossible are mocked by those who say it cannot be done.

Pirate88179

I think you will enjoy my latest video.  You can view it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27QJ92ruzeE

What I did this time was to wire 2 Fuji AA circuits in parallel but, I only used 1 battery!!!  I lit a 48" tube and you can see in the video how bright it gets when I switch on the 2nd circuit.  I think this is significant and it is telling us something.  Please look at this and tell me what you think.  I believe this will directly apply to our toroid circuits as well.  Thank you.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

jeanna

Quote from: Pirate88179 on January 27, 2009, 01:16:59 AM
I think you will enjoy my latest video.  You can view it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27QJ92ruzeE

What I did this time was to wire 2 Fuji AA circuits in parallel but, I only used 1 battery!!! .  Thank you.

Bill

I guess this it the way. Parallel.
today I only used a toroid for the second and it did not step it up. So, tomorrow, I guess, i'll go to work with some multiple wires on one toroid. I think without another resistor/transistor, there is nothing to be gained from adding a second toroid.

Nice video. My screen stopped to buffer just when the brightness flushed, and before the camera adjusted. It really is good and bright.

Would you be willing to see how long this will run?

jeanna

xee2

@ ist

I think that your last scope shot (both_coils_bigger_spikes.jpg) shows best what is happening. The spikes are the voltage when the LED is off (same as open circuit). When the LED turns on the voltage across it will be limited to the forward drop of the diode (about 2 to 3 volts).

EDIT: a diode does not obey ohms law.

xee2

@ jeanna

If you want the LEDs to be as bright with two toroids in series then you will have to double the battery voltage so that the voltage across each coil is the same as with one coil. Bill was able to run two JT in parallel because the battery could provide twice the current. In series requites more voltage, in parallel requires more current for same brightness.