Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigo

To everyone:

I feel you are going on a side trip here, and away from the primary function JT was created to do - power the LED for a longest time possible. This expanding of the circuits, doubling, adding more components, coils etc, all comes at a cost of battery "juice."

There are some absolutes one should set to work with, before going forward. Use one 1.5 battery (or two, whatever), use minimum current consumption with maximum gains (sorry no OU here but thats not the idea is it?).

An example goal (or the primary, or only one) should be the illumination - drive as many LEDs as possible to light up a room. We all know that the moment power goes out it's dark and everyone needs light.
If heat is your goal, I suggest you hop over to Dr. Stiffler's excellent thread on SEC and read it through instead of this one.

This is not meant to be a critique of anyone's work, but personally I see nothing of significance accomplished here in the past 200 pages.

Everyone learned something new and that is excellent. Discussion opened avenues for new ideas and thoughts, which can be seen in posts here, but that's diverging from the main subject as well.

What's absolutely lacking is a scientific method, and I don't mean the modern science where they "cook the books" and doctor the results.

I mean the method from 100 years ago or more: observation, recording and measuring, reproduction and understanding. Some bits and pieces but not much really. Nobody seems to be concerned with current consumption for example. Instead this last page now goes to propose use of additional circuitry such as 555 timer.

You know, if this JT circuit is going to consume 150mA at the end, then you might as well just scrap the whole thing and go buy a real PWM module that's used to commercially drive LEDs at far less current, with 90% or better efficiency.

My 2c...

Light

“now insted of leds ......  COILS ......   
- Here it is, as many as u want, but there’s still no amperage, we’re dealing with voltage transformer and nothing else ;D… until at least one of the coils gets in real backemf setup…

“Say Watt ? Stop It .
- I better not. Watt and w.hr is only way to see what r u dealing with.

gadgetmall

@Amego
Hello their . First off there have been improvement made. Just look at a regular Joule thief . It will run for about three days with the led hooked up to the collector +em miter . Now Jeanna has Discovered we can run 20+  Leds from the back spike alone with less current draw and more light for a longer period of time than the Jt that was originally in the first few pages of this thread .  . This thread is going forward or maybe its not moving fast enuff for you  :) As far as Commercial PWM are concerned there 60 plus bucks. This project cost a little less than a few bucks . you can buy a string of 100 leds for 2 bucks . the transistors and toroids are free from junk . I have just finished converting all my Flashlights and ringed lights that took 4 battery's  to one battery only using Jeanna's Mod .. The ones i did yesterday are running strong on dead battery's they woundn't run one day with four  .This is way more efficient that just a Jt . Say Watt ? Stop It . Go to Dr Sniffler's thread this thread is just fine like it is . where is your Contribution to this thread  ? Have you build one like it stands now  ??we are ready to move on so bring on the 555 Circuit !!Personally i got little lightys everywhere but not before i read this thread . Current draw is always on our minds and this is Pirates thread , we are Just Visitors and should BE positive and Understanding and Helpful ,. There is enuff Negitive People in the world and this is not the place i want to see them . I have fun here and Build and Learn quite alot and im ready to Expend a little Current for experimenting for a good project . The Goal Here is to get something useful from a jt be it a Fugi camera Circuit or what ever and thats what is being done .No one has done what has been done here and recorded it . Light 400 leds or a cfl from a 1 volt battery .. I don't think so .
Al

@IST . Keep Going Man Looking good . !!
Visit www.sunpowerwindpower.com For Gadgetmall fugi Completed unit,low powered Joule thief Kit's AA Fugi Kits,   rainbow R G B Joule theif kits completed housed units. NEW E-LIGHT AAA PERPETUAL LIGHT Runs for ?EARTH BATTERIES NOW ON SALE !  MAGNESIUM AND CARBON RODS ALL SIZES CARBON RODS 1/2" to 6" in Diameter 1 to 4 feet long & 650FARAD2.7VOLT ULTRABOOSTERCAPS THE MONSTER ,Instructions. Vintage Germanium Transistors run on low volts(0.20Vdc-some lower!)  Solar Cells 5VDC80ma,   BLUE BURNING LASER KITGreen laser pointer SEE Gadgetmall Kits link !

amigo

Hi gadgetmall,

Thanks for reading my post. I guess you misunderstood my intention or perhaps I did not come across the way I wanted.

To answer your questions, I was on Dr. Stiffler's thread on SEC and still am following it. Matter a fact I was among the first people to replicate his findings, and I can say there's merit to what he wrote about. Further more, his circuit is far more superior to JT in possibilities and will drive many LEDs and motors and what not. Go check it out if you get a chance...

I was at the point where you are now with JT many months ago, and you still have a way to go to catch up with me ;)

I just wanted to share some insight, but I guess you prefer to make your own mistakes rather than learning from the mistakes of others.

No worries, to err is human as they say, I just don't believe we all should repeat the same lessons. :)

Cheers!

gadgetmall

Thanks Amego for your understanding . I investigated Dr Stifflers Page a month ago and decided that his experiments took too much test equipment and Particular Parts that it won't for me . I think i stopped when the Radioactive component was mentioned  :) Also you Mention that you were at the point we are now months ago . Could you post a Link with your Design and Measurements please ?
Visit www.sunpowerwindpower.com For Gadgetmall fugi Completed unit,low powered Joule thief Kit's AA Fugi Kits,   rainbow R G B Joule theif kits completed housed units. NEW E-LIGHT AAA PERPETUAL LIGHT Runs for ?EARTH BATTERIES NOW ON SALE !  MAGNESIUM AND CARBON RODS ALL SIZES CARBON RODS 1/2" to 6" in Diameter 1 to 4 feet long & 650FARAD2.7VOLT ULTRABOOSTERCAPS THE MONSTER ,Instructions. Vintage Germanium Transistors run on low volts(0.20Vdc-some lower!)  Solar Cells 5VDC80ma,   BLUE BURNING LASER KITGreen laser pointer SEE Gadgetmall Kits link !