Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNOP

@MK1
there is an amplification in the jt.

what i think you meant is:
it is not the amplification that does the job, it is the frequency of the kicks.

jeanna

Quote from: Pirate88179 on January 28, 2009, 07:03:25 PM
@ Jeanna:

I think you just described the Darlington transistor arrangement.
HA!

QuoteWhat I always wondered about the Darlington, not the ones you buy but the ones you make from 2 transistors, is why could one not make 3,4 or five transistors hooked together like this?

I think they do in IC's and in computers. I think this is the main thing of the logic gates used in our computers.

Thanks for this info. I had been meaning to look up Darlington transistors for a while, but I kept forgetting.

jeanna

ADD EDIT
Quotebut switching in this jt circuit its not there to amplify anything.

I was trying to say that exact thing. We are using the transistor as a switch, not as an amplifier. but now that you mention it ... It really isn't a bad idea. Since a transistor does both things. hmm.

I am not in favor of complicating this, but I might want to let someone explore this complication.

Go for it. I am watching.

jeanna

Pirate88179

Quote from: timmy1729 on January 27, 2009, 08:53:38 AM
@All
I have to report some success! I got an LED to light using my small JT powered by my Earth Batteries. Notice I used the plural because I had to use two earth batteries in parallel. Right now I have two copper pipe and galvanized spike batteries and one copper pipe and magnesium battery. I had to hook one of the copper/spike batts and the copper/magnesium battery in parallel. The copper/mag produces 1.35vdc, but only like 2mA. The copper/spike would give only .3 or so vdc but approx 90mA. I seriously think I'm doing something wrong with my batteries, because there are others that have gotten way better results with just the copper/spike setup. The small JT made the LED light, although not very bright. It was just a regular red LED from a big multi-pack. I need to wait until the ground dries a little to play around with the position of the magnesium. I need to try this with my big JT with the Darlington on it before I put the TIP3055 on it.

@Bill
What material wire did you use to come from your magnesium? All I had available was copper wire. I used it bare so it would make contact. What do you use to come from the carbon rod? I need to just suck it up and buy mine so I can get some juice  ;D
Then I will have your setup. Carbon rod & 3 magnesium fire starters, correct?

@ Timmy:

I had posted this photo before back somewhere.  I simply made a ring of stranded copper wire and tinned it with my soldering iron.  I made it so the ID of the ring fit tightly to the OD of the carbon rods.  Then I soldered on a small connector ring on each one to make it easy for alligator clip attachment .For the mag. blocks I simply tied them together with plastic wire ties and then clipped onto one of the blocks (using the hole) with the alligator clip on one of my test leads.  I have seen no indication of damage to any of the connections due to dissimilar wire contact.  I was worried about that with the copper but perhaps the coating of solder prevent this...I don't really know.  With a little more thought, you or someone else can come up with a better system I am sure but this has worked well for me.  when I get back outside experimenting, if I come up with any improvements, I will let you know.  sorry for the delay in responding to your post but it got buried a few pages back.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

gadgetmall

Pirate where did you get carbon rods from . and how big are they . The only ones i can find are in d cells old carbon zinc ones  ??? My earth battery is Jukin now i found a big copper pipe and drove it today . almost full bright with 25 turn jt the normal way one led . I have one negitive and two positive stakes now . 1.25 volts .02ma
Visit www.sunpowerwindpower.com For Gadgetmall fugi Completed unit,low powered Joule thief Kit's AA Fugi Kits,   rainbow R G B Joule theif kits completed housed units. NEW E-LIGHT AAA PERPETUAL LIGHT Runs for ?EARTH BATTERIES NOW ON SALE !  MAGNESIUM AND CARBON RODS ALL SIZES CARBON RODS 1/2" to 6" in Diameter 1 to 4 feet long & 650FARAD2.7VOLT ULTRABOOSTERCAPS THE MONSTER ,Instructions. Vintage Germanium Transistors run on low volts(0.20Vdc-some lower!)  Solar Cells 5VDC80ma,   BLUE BURNING LASER KITGreen laser pointer SEE Gadgetmall Kits link !

gadgetmall

Quote from: Mk1 on January 28, 2009, 05:12:18 PM
@all

I found something interesting for kubikop http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zfuShlR8-pI

It runs a 555 timer circuit from the jt, We could use the idea !

First jt runs the 555 circuit, than we use that 555 to switch the second jt toroid , if we do this the freq will not be affected by the change in voltage,

Why is this important ?

Well , the major problem is that the freq is the key to everything,

ex : if the battery is to low the led will flash , not because there is not enough power but because its not switching fast enough, then you adjust the resistor to base to get it going again. (not a problem in 555 circuit)

ex:If the excess energy is feed back in the input(feed to source, or exponential experiment) the raise in voltage will kill the output power!
the jt works it best a 1.5 volt, but only because the switching is in range, using a 555 circuit would permit the same speed of switching (freq) at different voltage maybe exponential .

Thank you all , and to kubikop!

Mark

Mark i cant find that circuit anywhere as stated by kubikop  in his comments ..Do you have it i want to rplicate this . all i can find is 555 blinker circuit . TIA

Al
Visit www.sunpowerwindpower.com For Gadgetmall fugi Completed unit,low powered Joule thief Kit's AA Fugi Kits,   rainbow R G B Joule theif kits completed housed units. NEW E-LIGHT AAA PERPETUAL LIGHT Runs for ?EARTH BATTERIES NOW ON SALE !  MAGNESIUM AND CARBON RODS ALL SIZES CARBON RODS 1/2" to 6" in Diameter 1 to 4 feet long & 650FARAD2.7VOLT ULTRABOOSTERCAPS THE MONSTER ,Instructions. Vintage Germanium Transistors run on low volts(0.20Vdc-some lower!)  Solar Cells 5VDC80ma,   BLUE BURNING LASER KITGreen laser pointer SEE Gadgetmall Kits link !