Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mk1

@all

I found something interesting for kubikop http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zfuShlR8-pI

It runs a 555 timer circuit from the jt, We could use the idea !

First jt runs the 555 circuit, than we use that 555 to switch the second jt toroid , if we do this the freq will not be affected by the change in voltage,

Why is this important ?

Well , the major problem is that the freq is the key to everything,

ex : if the battery is to low the led will flash , not because there is not enough power but because its not switching fast enough, then you adjust the resistor to base to get it going again. (not a problem in 555 circuit)

ex:If the excess energy is feed back in the input(feed to source, or exponential experiment) the raise in voltage will kill the output power!
the jt works it best a 1.5 volt, but only because the switching is in range, using a 555 circuit would permit the same speed of switching (freq) at different voltage maybe exponential .

Thank you all , and to kubikop!

Mark

Mk1

jeanna

Quote from: xee2 on January 28, 2009, 04:11:40 PM
@ jeanna

The transistor symbol is correct. There are many ways to draw the symbol.

OK, what I want in the drawing is for the example that is on the bottom right hand corner of your 6 examples. The one with the emitter drawn at the top. This is the one that represents what I did in the drawing jesus made.

Thanks for the explanation.

In fact,

@MK1, You  said something that I want to address about the exponential effect. We cannot add to the base without making the transistor turn off. but we ought to be able to use the emitter to another base with a similar circuit using the output from the first jt to flow into this second transistor base. I think ist drew something like that last night. Again, not the first or original base, that is left alone, but the base of a new transistor in a new similar arrangement. This I think should give us the kind of amplification that is in a camera circuit. Maybe weaker, which is probably OK too.

@jenna lol   did you just fold your 1 turn wire in half and stick it in the center or did you make 1 compleate turn round the ring ...
@ist, I did one complete turn around. I would say that it could appear to be 1 1/2 turns when compared to the way you did yours yesterday.

@All,
I have been trying to make a mk1 with a different toroid material, and having no results, but it is my plan to make a new toroid turned to allow more wires in the center to look at some of what Ist has been doing.

Fantastic, really.

thanks everybody,

jeanna

Pirate88179

@ Jeanna:

I think you just described the Darlington transistor arrangement.  Others can correct me if I am wrong but it sounds like that is what you are suggesting to hook up.  If only you thought of this 30 years earlier, it could have been named the Jeanna Transistor.  What I always wondered about the Darlington, not the ones you buy but the ones you make from 2 transistors, is why could one not make 3,4 or five transistors hooked together like this?

This just shows that you have good thinking skills Jeanna.  Good job.

Darlington transistor
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Circuit diagram of Darlington configuration

In electronics, the Darlington transistor (often called a Darlington pair) is a semiconductor device which combines two bipolar transistors in a single device so that the current amplified by the first is amplified further by the second[1]. This configuration gives a high current gain (written β, hfe, or hFE) and can take less space than two separate transistors because the two transistors can use a shared collector. Integrated circuit packages are available, but it is still common also to use two separate transistors.

The Darlington configuration was invented by Bell Laboratories engineer Sidney Darlington in 1953. He patented the idea of having two or three transistors on a single chip (and sharing a single collector), but not that of an arbitrary number (which might have covered all modern integrated circuits)[2].

A similar configuration but with transistors of opposite type (NPN and PNP) is the Sziklai pair, which sometimes called the "complementary Darlington."

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Mk1

Quote from: jeanna on January 28, 2009, 06:51:33 PM

@MK1, You  said something that I want to address about the exponential effect. We cannot add to the base without making the transistor turn off.

I know Jeanna ,all i am saying a 555 in place of the transistor would do a better job , because it will not have a problem with higher voltage, the transistor is not used to anything but switching in this jt circuit its not there to amplify anything.