Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

@ Amigo:

With all due respect, I too have been following Dr. Stiffler's work and I will say that I have not seen him illuminate 400 leds from less than 1.5 vdc AND a tiny amount of mA's.  I am not comparing our work to Dr. Stiffler's at all.  He is going one way, we are going the other.  With this circuit, someone could use the power that would normally charge their cell phone and run 800 or more leds.  To me, that means something.  If you have another direction you think we should explore, that's fine, we would welcome that.  But, to convince us I think you would need to post your experimental results from having already gone that direction.  If you do, and it is interesting, others will follow.

Again, I really do not mean any disrespect at all here.  I followed your replications of Dr. Stiffler's work along with others on his topic.  You did some great work there and I am sure we could all benefit from your knowledge and experience here.  Please join in if you think you can offer something to help us, and if you really feel we are going down a dead end, then, I guess that will be seen in the future one way or another.  Either way, I am having a lot of fun and I am learning a lot from everyone here sharing information in a respectful way.  Sad to say but this is rare on any online forum including this one.  Please feel welcome to join us if you want to.  Thanks for your posts.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

innovation_station

i love to build things lol

so i built more....  ;D

aircore jt anyone  :)

sure it works lol

since i just love to build i built the next one too  ;D

garden wire bifillar copper COLLECTOR  then the usual air core jt  ;D

naw never ran it yet ... i dont see why it wont work...   hummmm

ist!
To understand the action of the local condenser E in fig.2 let a single discharge be first considered. the discharge has 2 paths offered~~ one to the condenser E the other through the part L of the working circuit C. The part L  however  by virtue of its self induction  offers a strong opposition to such a sudden discharge  wile the condenser on the other hand offers no such opposition ......TESLA..

THE !STORE IS UP AND RUNNING ...  WE ARE TAKEING ORDERS ..  NOW ..   ISTEAM.CA   AND WE CAN AND WILL BUILD CUSTOM COILS ...  OF   LARGER  OUTPUT ...

CAN YOU SAY GOOD BYE TO YESTERDAY?!?!?!?!

Pirate88179

Quote from: gadgetmall on January 28, 2009, 08:21:28 PM
Pirate where did you get carbon rods from . and how big are they . The only ones i can find are in d cells old carbon zinc ones  ??? My earth battery is Jukin now i found a big copper pipe and drove it today . almost full bright with 25 turn jt the normal way one led . I have one negitive and two positive stakes now . 1.25 volts .02ma

I bought these from a local company called "Airgas".  They are also national and on the internet.  I paid $20.00 for my carbon rod which is 1"OD x 18" long.  Or, was.  I have since cut it into 2 pieces 9" long.  let me know if you can't find them.  there may be cheaper places but last year I searched for a long time and this was the best bang for the buck.  Others wanted $100.00 for 1/2" OD x 6" long.  It pays to shop around.  these, to my understanding, are used in the welding industry as cut-off rods.  They may not be used as much as in the past which is why I had to order mine. I have also seen carbon welding rods which are copper clad.  These cost more and I think you would have to remove the copper which would be a waste.  PM me if you need a part number or website.  I don't have it handy or I would post it.  I can find it if you need it.  Actually, I think I looked it up for Timmy so maybe he can post it?  Carbon is basically pretty cheap so, do not pay too much here.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

jeanna

Hi everybody,

I just want to say a little bit about a surprise today. (for me anyway)

Someone, I can't remember who - sorry- has suggested a couple of times to reduce the number of primary bifilar turns and proceed. I needed more room in my ferrite beads, So today I started to see how to make one just the same in every other way but fewer primary turns.

And of course, I wanted to have a reference on all the usual numbers for later comparison.

I just made the first secondary and I want to share the surprise.

(using the same transistor etc)

It takes more amperage from the circuit with 6 bifilar turns than with 11. I can only compare with a secondary of some sort, so I did with a single turn (which I have called single all along, which might be called 1 1/2 but not 2)

The rectified voltage is 1.12v and 1.08v in the 2 directions.

My plan, is to make a few secondaries and see what they will do together. Last night Ist showed us that he lit a lot of lights one from each single wound secondary all from 1 toroid.

But, this draws more amperage to do less, just because it has fewer primary bifilar turns. It may be less self inductance and therefore allow or draw more current. Who can explain this? Is this right?

I will make the rectifier friendlier for testing. It is too small and too close together, I may not do any more tests until I finish that tonight, but I thought anyone who wants to can start to replicate this.

Thank you,

jeanna

xee2

@  jeanna 

The voltage driving the secondary is generated by the collector coil when the transistor turns off. The greater the current before the transistor turns off, and the greater the number of turns on the collector coil, and the faster the transistor switches, the larger the voltage will be that is generated in the secondary. A few pages ago, I suggested to Mk1 that I thought he would get higher secondary voltage if he increased the JT turns from 4 to 8 on his JT coils. I do not know if he did this or what the results were. But, this is my experience.