Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xee2

@ jeanna

Changing one thing at a time is always best. But I think I have found the key to getting good performance. It seems to be the turns on the toroid. I do not know what the best turns numbers are, but it seems that toroids with similar turns have more similar performance than those that have different turns numbers.

For R=10K and base cap = 1000 pF

case 1:    2"x0.75" toroid  >>         collector coil = 40 turns & base coil = 10 turns >>> 3 mA and 54 volts (original test coil)

case 2:    1"x1" toroid       >>         collector coil = 36 turns & base coil = 9 turns   >>> 3.5 mA and 51 volts

case 3:    1"x1" toroid       >>         collector coil = 20 turns & base coil = 20 turns >>> 11 mA and 30 volts

NOTE - case 1 and 2 have very different toroids but about the same turns and they have about equal performance

NOTE - case 2 and 3 have identical toroids but different turns and they have very different performance

Mk1

@ist

The pictures are dark i can't see much. Sorry. But the good news is there is only 2 way to go.

@jeanna

The difference is one has a core that saturate and other doesn't . 

Pirate88179

@ All:

I was reading in one of my electronics books again....yes, I know.....and at the end of the book, they spoke of a wound ferrite toroid for use in a power supply.  They said it was like a choke but, under high power and high volts, to keep the ferrite from getting saturated, they cut a slot in the toroid.  They said this slot could be only a few thousands of an inch wide, but it broke the circle and therefore the core could never reach the saturation point.

Now, I no longer have any of my diamond machine tools, but, I can probably rig a way with a few things I have to cut a slot in one of my toroids. (iron oxide is about 8.5 on the Mohs scale of relative hardness, diamond being 10, glass being 5.5)  Does anyone think this might be a way to go here?  If the core was never able to saturate, then we could feed it whatever we wanted and have no problems.

But, since we are only using an AA battery, maybe this would be a high performance mod that we do not need?  I will have to study this in more detail but, I am just tossing this out there.  Maybe this would allow the use of a heavier transistor like some here have been using without the additional amp (mA ) draw?  I am really impressed by the work being done here and the information that is being exchanged.  Once again, I am very proud just to be associated with you folks.  Keep it up.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

xee2

@ jeanna

:( Boo. This is a bad idea. You should sick to what you were doing. I get high voltage but almost no current. I can not even light up one of my good LEDs. Bad idea. But nothing tried nothing learned. I am sorry for wasting your time.

It looks like something is damaged. Before LED lit brightly with 50K resistor and now it won't even light up. I am not sure what is wrong.

EDIT:  :) Yeh. Problem was the LED was damaged. New LED lights brightly with 10K resistor.

innovation_station

awsome bill...

reminds me of this video i saw ...

from mit teck tv

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl7KyVIJ1iE&feature=related

i have a few flyback cores round... 8)

also some feroite transformer cores ..   might tackel em after thease 4 mag amps are built and working properly.

ist
To understand the action of the local condenser E in fig.2 let a single discharge be first considered. the discharge has 2 paths offered~~ one to the condenser E the other through the part L of the working circuit C. The part L  however  by virtue of its self induction  offers a strong opposition to such a sudden discharge  wile the condenser on the other hand offers no such opposition ......TESLA..

THE !STORE IS UP AND RUNNING ...  WE ARE TAKEING ORDERS ..  NOW ..   ISTEAM.CA   AND WE CAN AND WILL BUILD CUSTOM COILS ...  OF   LARGER  OUTPUT ...

CAN YOU SAY GOOD BYE TO YESTERDAY?!?!?!?!