Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

@ IST:

I have no idea what you are working on there (photo) but, I am sure it is very good and....keep up your great work.  I really wish I knew more about this stuff, but I don't.  But, I am learning.  Thank you for your many contributions to our topic.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

electricme

@ weri812
Welcome, I have just taken a look at the Solar Cell charger, very nice.

@ all
Just unpacked, and pulled apart my new shed solar light setup ($20 at woolworths), it has a simple PCB same as in a single round solar light, except this does not have a LDR to turn on at dusk.
The solar cell is 195mm x 95mm, is mounted on a swivle base, it charges a 3.6v small nicad battery which is mounted behind the 5 hi bright LED array, warrenty is blown now lol, think I might get a few more if they are not all bought up.

Might mount each one in a bedroom, and drive by a JT, using a single 1.2v niCad

jim 

photo0373.jpg = Whole assembly
photo0374.jpg = Solar cell
photo0375.jpg = close up of 5 LED unit
People who succeed with the impossible are mocked by those who say it cannot be done.

jeanna

Quote from: slayer007 on February 09, 2009, 09:19:20 PM
I wanted to see how many 1.2v AA batterys it would take to light the CFL up.
One just wasn't quite enought to light it up.
So I tried two and it light up.
Its not nearly as bright as it was off 12v but its not bad for just two batterys.

Heres a video of it lighting off two 1.2v batterys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbdBO3o6qX4
Coo-ool, Slayer.
A perfect end to this day. I awoke this morning thinking, "hey, maybe it would work with 3 volts. Who says it HAS to be 1.5 volts? just because it is a joule thief.!!!"

Thank you so much for this demonstration that answers my 'question of the day'!

jeanna

Wow, this thread is soo excellent!

Pirate88179

@ Jeanna and all:

I agree with Jeanna.  I am not married to 1.5 volts with the AA battery.  What got me into this in the first place was to see what an AA bat could do.  We have all seen some amazing things.  Now, if someone can run my heat pump using 3 volts, I am all for it!!!  I just like how we have moved away from the brute force method of producing light....usable light.  Anyone can make light using 120 volts @ 20 amps but....look what we have done with far less.  And, we are far from done yet! 

I really admire Gadgetmall's circuit with its low power draw.  This is why I personally want to stick with the tiny AA battery.  Let's see what it can really do.  But, if someone wants to use something else, say, a little larger, I say go for it.

Very nice job to all of you folks on here.  If I could buy all of you dinner and a beer, I would do so.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Mk1

@all

Thank for all your help for the pc situation , a good news is i am back , the bad i had to reinstall, i also made friend with Linux.

@gadgetmall

I tried your soft but my system could not run it anymore, thanks again.

@newcomers

Good bless those that stand.
Thank again ! Welcome!

@pirate

I use a 30 turn 5k trim-pot so i got 30 turns of range and can dial in anything even none standard value , helpful with coil .
On this project i use only 2 of the legs that is important the first and second one ,
Its a picture of one of those types to get the idea.  If you like internet order try abra electronics and addison , And the can is at 83c/us,abra has a real nice selection of solar panel. Addison has germanium diode and transistor.

This is the reason i need a pc these days, I just can't believe yet how things can change in one month.
We may not find all the answers but i think we could show the power of sharing in achieving incredible goals , and a sens of community and greater good.

Thank again !

Mark