Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mk1

@all

More info i found .on mag amp , http://www.butlerwinding.com/elelectronic-transformer/mag-amp.html
                                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_amplifier

There is a book from 1951

"Magnetic Amplifiers by the U.S. Navy (1951), edited by Trinkaus. First came the vacuum tube, then the transistor, right?. Not really. In between there is another lost entity. Electronics engineers of the 1950's believed the rugged little magnetic amplifier was going to replace the fragile vacuum tube in all its functions under a megacycle. Originating in the USA but adopted and developed by the Nazis for the V2 missile, the mag amp after WWII found a clique of boosters among US electronics engineers. This document, unusually passionate and well written for a military tech manual, is their promotional brochure. Evident today only in some motor-control and power-supply regulator applications, the mag amp not only can regulate but can magnify, modulate, switch, pulse-generate, invert, convert, multivibrate, phase shift, and multiply. Mag amps require zero maintenance, can be made indestructible and EMP-proof, and can handle up to 200,000 amperes. Modulate your Tesla coil with a mag amp. This booklet has been completely reset and redesigned for economy and readability. 43 illustrations."

from http://www.teslapress.com/catalog.html

@gadgetmall

It still new to me i will need to build it first to be of more help.

Thank everyone !

jeanna

Cool,

Now, the circle comes back to the beginning. George Trinkaus wrote the 2 booiks about Tesla (the coil, and other inventions) which so inspired me that I began to search for an understanding and a way to follow up on his work to give it freely to all... which has led me here.

I love it when this happens.

@Koen,

Welcome. This is a fun sandbox. It seems to get bigger every time someone else joins! So, com'on in and join the fun.

I would suggest (since you asked) that you get a torus (toroid) made of ferrite, and wind a simple joule thief. It is the basis for all that we are doing, so, you might as well have one or 2 or 3 of them lying around. Check out evilmadscientist.com for the instructions. Or did someone already post them? I or someone can get the good instructions to you if you cannot find them.

Once you have it set up - and using a breadboard might be a good idea, since we change things around a lot- take out the led and wind a secondary and light a few leds from just the secondary.

You will be filled with ideas and you will know where you want to go from there.

Again,

Welcome,

jeanna

nievesoliveras

@gadgetmall

Thanks You!
I will check if I can understand it and let you know.

Quote from: TheNOP on February 02, 2009, 04:49:11 PM
nievesoliver
try force your motor to turn backward
you might have a supprising effect.

I think that the only thing that needs to be done in order to force it to turn backward is to spin it backward initially. I may be wrong though.

Jesus

nievesoliveras

@gadgetmall

Pardon my ignorance. But there is still not continuity connection between the toroid coil and the transistor.

Jesus

gadgetmall

Quote from: xee2 on February 02, 2009, 04:38:48 PM
More test results. It looks like with a 5K base resistor the circuit should be able to light up 20 to 40 LEDs in series while using only 4 mA of current from battery. The LEDs would be put in place of the voltmeter.

Hi . That is Why i put a Vr in there with a small Value resistor to protect the base . I adjust it because Each color or model of LED takes Different Voltage . What works for My led Might not work for others .. Needs a Continues  Bias adj  in my opinion  :) But thats because i do a lot of testing to . once a value is attained i guess a solid one could be put in its place .  Question . If i have a 680 pf across a variable resistor and use only wiper and one end  will it adjust the capacitance too ? I have lots of Darlington's from the old power supplies . They Hook up the same Correct . I all ways used two xsistors .  .
Visit www.sunpowerwindpower.com For Gadgetmall fugi Completed unit,low powered Joule thief Kit's AA Fugi Kits,   rainbow R G B Joule theif kits completed housed units. NEW E-LIGHT AAA PERPETUAL LIGHT Runs for ?EARTH BATTERIES NOW ON SALE !  MAGNESIUM AND CARBON RODS ALL SIZES CARBON RODS 1/2" to 6" in Diameter 1 to 4 feet long & 650FARAD2.7VOLT ULTRABOOSTERCAPS THE MONSTER ,Instructions. Vintage Germanium Transistors run on low volts(0.20Vdc-some lower!)  Solar Cells 5VDC80ma,   BLUE BURNING LASER KITGreen laser pointer SEE Gadgetmall Kits link !