Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

Quote from: gadgetmall on February 03, 2009, 01:48:19 PM
Hi Thanks . No i wont be Drawing up a Circuit but if you have a Fugi board all you do is short out the Diode . Hook your lamp up to where the cap was .. look at the transformer on the component side. there is a small resistor there between the transistor . remove it and put your pot there or i have found that 3000 ohms works good , . Next turn the board over . trace the resistor to the coil connections . this  is where the 68pf cap is soldered . Thats It ! I'll post a Clearer picture of the back in a little while . !! EDIT ITS POSTED CLearer  . Also when using the resistor ion my third unit i built today i added a "Start"Switch . Its a  small momentary pust to close connected across the resistor if your CLf or tube Will not light up bright to start with . When the batt reaches 1.1 volts or lower this is needed  or either a variable. BTW My 13 watt CLF is still lit  Batt is 1.17 .. I will let it run for another two hours then recharge the battery . . Number two has been running since 8 this morning CLF 45 watt thats 7 hours so far on that one  :)) Much Better . I bet this will light 400 leds for a LONG time !

Gadgetmall:

Fantastic work!!!  I think I understand everything you did except the cap.  I did not see the cap in your photos unless you are speaking of a small electrolytic cap?  Is that what I am seeing there?  And this goes from the end of your pot down the path to the leg of the transformer right?  Mine are wired to one leg of the trigger coil just for added mechanical bond but you say you are using the trigger coil as well?  I was also thinking of doing that but I didn't think it would fire much as we removed the large cap.

Sorry for all of the questions but your modification would probably run my 400 leds for hours and hours and hours!!!  Or, a 48" tube for a very long time as well.  To me, this is very well inside the area of being "useful".  This is actually practical and can be replicated and used by anyone.  This is far better than any camping light, or home led lighting I have ever seen.!!  Great great job.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

xee2

@ gadgetmall

Is this correct? Or should the cap go to the other end of pot?

EDIT: incorrect drawing deleted

Mk1

@ist

Lest do the jt circuit first, then work the output coils.

I don't think you will be able to test it with a led in the regular jt way, it should not work but put a load or led on the out coils or rectify to adjust the base resistor to decent output.

Pirate88179

@Xee2:

I think he said the cap went between the pot and the leg of the transformer where the end of the resistor was going before removal.  I believe this is correct.

I think I have to use another "new" board to replicate this as I have already removed everything on it that was not being used by the JT circuit idea.  In other words, I don't think I have a path or completed circuit going to where the big cap used to be.  I guess I could solder in little jumpers where the resistors I removed used to be.

This is a very good improvement he has made here.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

innovation_station

thank you MK1  .    i knew i was doing some thing worng  ;D....    lol

i will build that proper mag amp ...   just after the GADGET!!   lol

mag amp aside lets build THE GADGET !!!   

;D ;D

lol

ist!

To understand the action of the local condenser E in fig.2 let a single discharge be first considered. the discharge has 2 paths offered~~ one to the condenser E the other through the part L of the working circuit C. The part L  however  by virtue of its self induction  offers a strong opposition to such a sudden discharge  wile the condenser on the other hand offers no such opposition ......TESLA..

THE !STORE IS UP AND RUNNING ...  WE ARE TAKEING ORDERS ..  NOW ..   ISTEAM.CA   AND WE CAN AND WILL BUILD CUSTOM COILS ...  OF   LARGER  OUTPUT ...

CAN YOU SAY GOOD BYE TO YESTERDAY?!?!?!?!