Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

My entrance into the $1M Randi challenge

Started by PaulLowrance, December 30, 2008, 04:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PYRODIN123321

Peace.

AbbaRue

@Paul
I've been following your posts on this device and find it very interesting.
What I was wondering is if this concept will work with high speed switching diodes or signal diodes as they are also called.
If so then why don't you purchase a few thousand of them and connect them together.
That would give you more output and thus more energy to measure and test.
Those signal diodes are very cheap.
Future Electronics sells them in packs of 3000 for less then 1 cent a piece. So 3000 would only cost $30.
http://www.futureelectronics.com/en/technologies/semiconductors/discretes/diodes/switching/Pages/3289071-MMBD4148.aspx?CrossPart=

PaulLowrance

Thanks for the info.  I just ran a sim on those diodes and they would produce ~ 11 to 12 time less DC voltage than my SMS7630 microwave diodes. Also, the SMS7630 diodes are ZBD's (zero bias diodes), which means they have extremely low resistance at thermal equilibrium, which in the case of the diode array equates to more power. Consider the DC voltage alone comes to 11.5^2 = 132 times less power, and I'd imagine the SMS7630 are at least a few hundred times less in resistance.

The low zero bias resistance of the SMS7630 diodes means that one could place more of them in-series. Remember, a voltage meter has a limit on input resistance.

The SMS7630 is made by Skyworks Inc.  I'm aware of only one macro size diode that's better, and it's a special order by the same company.

That's not to say the diodes you referred to aren't good. Heck, they would kick a** on most diodes, but it's darn hard to beat the Skyworks Inc. microwave diodes.  They're just amazing in terms of macro size diodes. I think the SMS7630 is probably the best diode in terms of diodes that you can solder.  Although I hear what you're saying. They are 1 cent each?  I think the SMS7630 come to about 15 cents each at those quantities.

The next step is definitely to diode array *chip* consisting of microscopic diodes. What's great about chips/wafers is that we're no longer dealing with diode count. Why?  Because the entire chip/wafer is made all at once, per layer. To make an entire diode array would require a few layers. So each layer is made *all at once.*  The semiconductor fabrication process is akin to developing a photo. My rough calculations come to 4100 watts/m^2 using heavy doped n-InSb Palladium Schottky diode with a contact area of 30nm x 30nm.

Also, making diode array chips is far far easier than ordinary logic chips because the diode array chip could have numerous shorts and open-circuits and still work. I would arrange the microscopic diodes on the chip such that a few hundred diodes are *first* in-series. We'll call that a diode line, as none of the diodes are directly connected in-parallel. Then there would be billions of such lines. If one of the diodes shorts out, then that diode simply does not operate, but it doesn't break the diode line. If one of the diodes is an open-circuit, then that entire line doesn't work, but there are billions of other diode lines.  :)

I'm very confident the first fabricated diode array chip will work. Such chips should cost perhaps a bit more expensive then a solar cell, *but* a solar cell in sunny California on a yearly average would produce maybe 17 watts/m^2, while a diode array chip could produce 4100 watts/m^2.  So diode array chips are expected to be far more cost effective per watt than solar cells.And besides, solar cells don't work too well at night, or indoors, or in bad weather.

A diode array chip will work anywhere, anytime. This will create unimaginable new technologies available to the public. For example, there are high performance compact electric motors that could easily produce enough lift for an air turbine to quickly accelerate a person straight up in the air, fly around, but we don't have the batteries to support such power for very long, and batteries are heavy. A stacked diode array chip could provide sufficient power to achieve this.

PL

utilitarian

Quote from: PaulLowrance on December 31, 2008, 04:52:37 PM
utilitarian,

There are three kinds of perpetual motion machines. A machine that captures ambient thermal energy violates the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, and is called a perpetual motion machine of the 2nd kind.

Here is a description of the second law of thermodynamics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_law_of_thermodynamics

There is nothing about an invention which captures ambient heat that violates this law.  One critical part of the law is the concept of the isolated system.  Given the Sun is part of the equation with your device, could you please define the scope of your isolated system?  Does it include the Sun?  If not, why not?

PaulLowrance

Quote from: utilitarian on December 31, 2008, 07:33:29 PMHere is a description of the second law of thermodynamics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_law_of_thermodynamics

There is nothing about an invention which captures ambient heat that violates this law.  One critical part of the law is the concept of the isolated system.
Because the WikiPedia page on 2LoT does not cover the perpetual motion aspect. First of all, it's called ambient *thermal energy*, not "ambient heat."  Second of all, yes, a perpetual motion machine of the 2nd kind is one that would capture ambient thermal energy -->

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion#Classification

Quote from: utilitarian on December 31, 2008, 07:33:29 PMGiven the Sun is part of the equation with your device, could you please define the scope of your isolated system?  Does it include the Sun?  If not, why not?
In real life there is no such thing as a perfect isolated system, as it would require *infinite thermal insulation* to achieve such a state.  The concept of "thermal equilibrium" used in the laws of thermodynamics mathematics is a fictitious concept that has no basis in reality given it is impossible to have infinite insulation. For this reason it is well noted by physicists specializing in the field of thermodynamics that it is imperfect. The laws of thermodynamics is a system of averages, not meant for microscopic analysis.  Dr. Landau's textbook, Statistical Physics Part 1, discusses this in detail.

The diode array requires natural occurring microscopic temperature gradients (ambient thermal energy) that *must* exist in all matter.

PL