Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Peltier Question: size and rating

Started by charmrus, January 17, 2009, 05:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charmrus

Im looking to purchase some Peltier juntions for power generation experiments and am a bit confused by what I should get.  They are listed by thier wattage and size.  The wattage thats listed is for what it consumes for use as a cooling device.  Im seeing wattage differences for same sized package also.
Basically what Im in need of is how would I figure which or what  attribute I should be using for comparision for getting the most bang for the buck.  Would 2 30mm pcs be better then 1 60mm pc.  Is there a "potential" density to the different sizes/wattage?

I realize that the temp. difference from one side to the other makes a difference but how would I compute that into wattage/size?

Thank you for any help given.

sushimoto

DAMIT DAS MOEGLICHE ENTSTEHT, MUSS IMMER WIEDER DAS UNMOEGLICHE VERSUCHT WERDEN.

crazyoldfart

I have several different values, 80 watt , 120 watt and 250 watt , all with voltages around 18 volts for maximum and 4, 6 and 8 amp respectively. they all need a temperature differential of 100 degrees to reach 2/3 rds their rated value. 100 degrees differential is pretty hard to achieve in everyday life. but you can drive a couple of high intensity LED's with a difference of only 40 degrees or so. with  a single 80 watt device and a temperature differential of 40 degrees , I was able to get around 5 volts @ almost 2 amps without voltage drop. On a much larger scale this could work very well, in my opinion.