Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

BBC Caught with there pants down. No need to pay TV license

Started by mindsweeper, February 11, 2009, 03:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

@ Loner:

Yes, that is why we left the England but, there are folks now here in the US that want all of the bad stuff that the UK is dealing with and they are pushing hard for it.  All of the things that made America great are now being portrayed as being bad and selfish.  If you start a business and make a profit, you are evil.  But, if you don't have a job, and live off of the public dole (other people's taxes) and have 10 kids, you are a hero.  I do not watch much, if any tv.  I will not pay for cable and they just now switched over to digital and my tv is analog.  I bought the converter box but it does not work.  so, I watch any program I want for free on the internet, including movies so, I am fine.  But now, our government wants to tax that.  Our Post Office has been losing money for years and raising the price of stamps almost every year, and now, they are thinking about charging us a fee for every e-mail sent and received!!!!!  This is bullshit and unless we all stand up and say...."ENOUGH", they will continue.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

mindsweeper

@AhuraMazda.

You have a good point, they should pay people to watch.

@Aka,

do you pay the tax?

@Looner

You hit the nail squarely on the head.

Do you remember the poll tax riots in the UK. The government placed a 350 pound levy on everyone over the age of 18. That woke them up, but they all went back to sleep.

@Pirate88179

I think the BBC are fighting to have the license fee cover the internet, If it's happening in the USA, how are they going to enforce payment. In the UK the BBC use/own TVL who go round bullying people in there own homes (If you let them in) and then take you to court to receive a 1000 pound fine.

Disgusting if you ask me..

Aka

@Pirate88179
this is the first time I heard about any charges for sending/receiving email... I don't see how that could work with all the free services around... in fact I don't know how the UK is going to use the emails in their database as its going to be hard to track who is who on anything other than the ISP email services that you get with your connection I guess they will just track for keywords and add certain addresses to a watch list or something but they said they only going to track the to/from/time and the title so I cant see it being much use for anything

@mindsweeper
no I don't pay, but then again I don't watch TV so it would be pointless really lol, the household does buy the licence though... I do try to tell people that its a robbery but they don't listen, they are just set in the way of thinking that paying the money is less fuss and anyway they like to sit watching the mind numbing stuff that's on... like good little citizens :D

if anyone gets "caught" via a detector van just ask for proof of the calibration of the equipment inside the detector van because they could be tracking a neighbours TV signal or something... just like the drivers who got away with speeding fines because they claimed the speed cameras were not calibrated correctly... even if it fails you may get to look inside one of the vans and see whats inside

vonwolf

This is quite a eye opener for me, here the air wave are free if they send a signal at my land then I can and will receive it my yard does resemble NASA but I do get a lot of channel's and of course nothing is ever on.
  I'd love to see them tax e-mails,it might cut down on the hundred's of junk mail I get, something I wont hold my breath for.

CTG Labs

Hi all,

The reason we pay a licence fee goes back to when we first had TV here.  The BBC has no adverts and no breaks in the tv shows to show adverts.  So they do not get money from people who want to advertise on breaks which come every 5 mins like some channels.  You can watch all the shows uninterupted, so the licence fee was what funded the channel, because BBC produced all the shows for the channel and that was all the funding they had.  If you wanted to watch it, you paid for it.  Since then of course we now have digital tv with few hundred channels all of which have adverts.  So we are really still just paying for the BBC channel to run itself while all the other channels get advert funding/sponsers, this does need to be reviewed I think!  But it is nice to watch shows that dont have adverts, but then thats what torrents are for :)