Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Water forms floating bridge in electric field

Started by zerotensor, March 11, 2009, 05:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian334

hansvonlieven

G'day Bep,

I think I have figured out from your description what the device is and how it works. For want of a better word I have called it an electrostatic pump. That is why the teacher needed distilled water because he needed a dielectric. It works similar to an ionic wind on a sharp point connected to a high voltage source.

I think your teacher used a Cockcroft-Walton Voltage Multiplier circuit to give him his gradient. I have drawn the circuit diagram below. This will work, though it would take a bit of fiddling about to get the anode spacings right as you say. The only thing in this that is strange is the vortex action and the viscosity change you described. This needs a bit of explaining. An interesting project.

Have fun

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

BEP

Quote from: hansvonlieven on March 13, 2009, 08:09:01 PM
I think your teacher used a Cockcroft-Walton Voltage Multiplier circuit to give him his gradient.

I enjoyed that class more than any other since. The poor teacher didn't have a clue. If he did he would have killed the project due to the high voltage with lethal current. No, the pure water was the idea of the kid building the pump. My project used a voltage multiplier (I was building an X-ray source) with sudden discharge.

Ha! I don't think I've thought about those days for 40 years. Gawd! I was dangerous to myself and everyone within a few hundred feet. No wonder I was only good a blowing up the lab bench ::)

The teacher suggested we two get together and demonstrate a three-way light switch circuit. If we thought we could handle it we were allowed to show a four-way, as well  :)

wizardofmars

Quote from: ramset on March 11, 2009, 05:21:50 PM

This is a scientific anomaly at this point

Incorrect - they have a hypothesis. Read the article:

...the group’s analyses have shown that the explanation may lie within the nature of the water’s structure. Initially, the bridge forms due to electrostatic charges on the surface of the water. The electric field then concentrates inside the water, arranging the water molecules to form a highly ordered microstructure. This microstructure remains stable, keeping the bridge intact.

The scientists reached the microstructure hypothesis after observing that the density of the water changes between the beaker edges and the center of the bridge. A microstructure consisting of an arrangement of water molecules could have a similar density variation.

Citation: Fuchs, Elmar C., Woisetschläger, Jakob, Gatterer, Karl, Maier, Eugen, Pecnik, René, Holler, Gert, and Eisenkölbl, Helmut. “The floating water bridge.” J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 40 (2007) 6112-6114.

The lead researcher gave a presentation last year which shows how the experiment was done.

http://www.bioeng.washington.edu/video/dept_seminar_presentations/SPR08/waterbridgedynamics.pdf

Note that these guys are actual scientists who document their results in detail. This is what real research looks like! Just imagine if any of the perpetual motion machine inventors in history had prepared any level of documentation like this. We'd all be enjoying free energy.  ::)
It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness. - Chinese proverb

mastahscott

I said electrolysis hence electric yes., They are connected by electrolysis . Very simple really ,try it. Youll see why it makes sense. Besides , what difference does it make and who really cares.

Quote from: hansvonlieven on March 11, 2009, 05:15:37 PM
@ mastahscott,

It's not quite as simple as that. For electrolysis to occur a current must flow. Before the bridge forms there is no current flowing since the beakers are not electrically connected.

Hans von Lieven