Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Should we keep this board: We can´t live without the truth ?

Started by hartiberlin, April 10, 2009, 09:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we keep this board: We can´t live without the truth ?

Yes, we need these political topics
43 (53.1%)
No, it makes no sense on a free energy research forum and members start too many flame wars
38 (46.9%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: May 10, 2009, 09:02:23 PM

fuzzytomcat

Humm ...... We can´t live without the truth ?

The truth can mean different things to many people, what is the threshold of truth and measured by what standard, to some evidence without a shadow of a doubt, good enough for conviction, winning or loosing a case in a court of law maybe public opinion. To some all one needs is a paragraph from a obscure web site or possibly information never seen published in a new book for sale to make a opinion. The problem with the truth is what may lye beneath, is it important, will it really change your life or someone else's or is it a mute subject just waiting for anyone to respond to and someone always will regardless of the subject matter. Can we live without it, depending on what it is some things we do daily it's out of our control, but if it's genuine and provable with a standard "high" threshold of truth one would be doing a injustice to society in not reporting what is known or important.

What do you need to form a opinion, and is the standard you require being conveyed here on this board, or is it a mute subject waiting for anyone to respond to for negative reactions.

Regards,
Fuzzy
:)

robbie47

Thanks Stefan for putting this vote up.
As the title of this forum says:

"Welcome to OverUnity.com
The International open source free energy research forum",

This already indicates that this is a community that tries to solve the global energy challenge. Most of the members have technical interest and want to discuss their ideas on how to solve energy waste. There are really brilliant people here contributing.

It's a forum, so discussion should be central.
But it seems that there are a small number of people that can not cope with disagreements and some general rules on how to respect each others opinions. These people use foul language, insult others and in most cases pollute discussions rather than contribute to possible solutions.

Now, since this forum has become significantly large, it's time that some full-time moderators guard and ban the behavior of such dissidents.
If you can't afford that, then I advise you to limit the scope of this forum to retain the quality of it.
I understand your dilemma, the more users the more income from advertisements, but it's best to go for quality here.

That is why I voted "NO" to keep the "We can´t live without the truth ?" part of this forum.
Practice showed that this attracts people that want to focus on all kind of social problems, politics etc.
It's best that these people go to forums where social problems, politics and alike topics are the main stream purpose. In that way both types of people avoid each other and will mostly contribute in a positive way.

TechStuf

QuoteIt's best that these people go to forums where social problems, politics and alike topics are the main stream purpose. In that way both types of people avoid each other and will mostly contribute in a positive way.

Such compartmentalized thinking is what has enabled the beast to grow as large as it has.  It much prefers to keep everything in it's assigned box.  Institutionalized science got where it is today by just such sterile loyalty to neutered ideals.  That such research as shared here is inextricably intertwined with weighty matters of both a societal and political nature, should not and cannot be ignored.

Afterall, one only need log on to any of the prolific brain drains in the form of university style physics and energy forums to see the stale fruits of such efforts at sanitization.

That Stefan suffers the forum to endure all manner of gross incivility, however, is quite 'off putting'.

I am all for the encouragement of civilized expression, and as well, the censure of wanton disrespect for fellow man. 

TS

“For the wisdom of this world is foolishness before God. For it is written, “He is THE ONE WHO CATCHES THE WISE IN THEIR CRAFTINESS” - 1 Corinthians 3:19

http://www.freemasonrywatch.org/sixpointedstar.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBjOs-egFMs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSGwnz7XpY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l39XsMcyvgA

http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2004/09/297062.shtml

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjjIy1DO0gs

We all have the choice to waste ourselves in rebellion or to gain wisdom.  Therefore, gain wisdom:

http://www.hisremnant.org/eby/articles/kingdom/twohands/twohandsof.html

Cap-Z-ro

Michelenho made an interesting suggestion.

" A "General Interest" section might be more appropriate than "We can't live..." and "News" included in there. "

That would not be a bad idea...before some corrupt bullies in power lit the fire of truth under me, I was always known for my humor...I would love the opportunity to exercise humor muscle here, to provide some balance to the harsh realities of our society which I post up here.

The votes and opinions of people who enter the threads of others ordering (cyber bullying) them to leave the forum, and then whining like children when outed and appropriately labeled for their abhorrent behavior are not to be considered to be an honest opinion.

Regards...

Paul-R

Let's stick to what we are here for.

We don't have the traffic handling capacity. That is why we get poor response times and this:

"Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later".

We also need some moderation, and suspensions for people who are gratituously offensive. There are several and we know who they are. They cause problems and may threaten the future of this web site.