Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Would someone be willing to help me build a prototype for my magnet motor idea?

Started by kimhoskin, July 24, 2009, 02:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreeEnergy

Quote from: gravityblock on July 25, 2009, 04:11:09 AM
I think you should post the pictures of your prototype and explain, then we'll decide if it is half baked or not.  If it is fully baked and it works, who cares.  If it doesn't work, then it is half baked and needs to be kick around a little until it is fully baked or dismissed as a being a self-runner.

Thanks,

GB

lol you beat me to it.

anyway just post pictures/videos of your prototype and explain away in full complete detail, step by step.

thanks for sharing!

peace

DMBoss

Quote from: kimhoskin on July 24, 2009, 02:54:00 PM
Hi,

I am new to the forum. I wanted to ask if someone would be willing to help me build a prototype of a magnet motor  from my idea? I will be able to give all the details. I ask this as I do not have the right tools or workshop to make a nice and accurate version, which should work :). It is just an idea, I have built a really rough prototype and is close to working, if only I had some machines eg a lathe or milling machine to make more accurate parts it would work I think. if it works then we both could get credit for it maybe?

I look forward to hearing from anyone that might be interested.

Kind regards
Kim
Kim:

I have the requisite tooling and experience to replicate such a device.  However as another forum member pointed out, without details, and I mean good details an evaluation of whether it is worth the time and resources or not cannot be made.

I also have the ability to perform accurate 3D simulations on magnetic structures and can also integrate 3D dynamic motion with the magnetic forces and torques, so inertia, friction, mass, gravity etc., are taken into account.

For that analysis to take place I must have geometry and dimensions and materials and orientation information.

So the first step is to make some sketches, with accurate dimensions and relationships.  Use normal drafting convention even if you do not draw perfectly.  That is use at least 3 views: Front, Top, and Side (right typically).

Divide your page into 4 quadrants, and lower left is the FRONT view, above it is the TOP and to the right of it is the SIDE view.  Optionally you can insert a perspective view in the remaining upper right quadrant.

Each of these views should be orthographic (a way to say at 90 degrees to, or at right angles), in that you are drawing an imaginary flat plane through or just above/below this view.  In other words these three main views are not in any way tilted from this flat plane.

Then conveying the dimensions and shapes accurately is much easier if you standardize drawings this way, which is why it is universally used.

Include some notes on materials, orientations of the magnet polarities if there are permanent magnets, and intended motion of one or more elements.  Examples of motion are a simple rotor and stator assembly, where the rotor is intended to turn on a shaft mounted to a base, and should turn CW as seen in your TOP view.  And stators are mounted to the base as shown in the various views, with a gap of xx millimeters between rotor and stator magnets.

I also have extensive testing equipment and experience in addition to complete fabrication, including CNC.  However the first and only step now is to provide/receive details and perform some simulations to gauge whether it is worth trying or not.

By the way, I have cross checked the simulation methods on the bench many times, and as long as you are careful and use accurate dimensions, materials and motion - they can be very accurate as to predicting what will happen on the bench.  Thus saving a lot of time and money on blind alleys!  Or helping to choose the right parameters before putting tools to raw materials.

I am in the process of setting up a website to serve this and other similar communities along these lines, and you can see a temporary page with some details of a rather sophisticated replication of a reputed working device here:

http://qdmechanic.com/

You can contact me by replying to this message, or on the above webpage with a private email link where you can send larger attachments if needed.

DMBoss

robbie47

Quote from: kimhoskin on July 25, 2009, 03:57:12 AM
Ok can do, will take some time, maybe I could send a photo of my prototype and explain?

Sharing photo's would be great. Some explanation may be handy as well.

0c

Quote from: DMBoss on July 25, 2009, 04:31:19 AM
I also have the ability to perform accurate 3D simulations on magnetic structures and can also integrate 3D dynamic motion with the magnetic forces and torques, so inertia, friction, mass, gravity etc., are taken into account.

For that analysis to take place I must have geometry and dimensions and materials and orientation information.

Got any good WhipMag models handy?  :-*

TinselKoala

Kim, there are obviously lots of folks who could and would build your idea, many who have not yet chimed in as well.

But I would say that the first thing to do, even before you make drawings or take pictures of your prototype, would be to look at what's come before.

There have been a lot of different ideas wrt magnet motors that have been tried and it's pretty hard to come up with a really new principle or phenomenon that could conceivably be exploited to make a runner. 0c can confirm this I think.

Many many many prototypes "almost" run. I am afraid that doesn't count. A low-friction heavy wheel "almost" runs too.

Until we see what you've got it is hard to say, but you might find some of my videos on testing magnet and gravity motors to be useful. Or at least amusing.

For example, how does your prototype respond when tested by a known repeatable starting method, when tested with and without its critical magnets?