Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Geothermal COP is at least 4!

Started by Evogreen, November 16, 2009, 11:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evogreen

Geothermal heating and cooling systems provide a COP of 4 or more.  Has anyone ever thought about generating electricity with this system?  I know there are power plants that use geothermal energy but they use extremely deep wells to tap into the extreme heat of inner earth.  Where it is hot enought to boil water.  However, a typical home heating system is just tapping into the heat that has been placed into the ground by sunlight.  Where you only need to dig down about six feet or so depending on your location.  At this depth the temperature is usually around 60 degrees celcius nowhere near the boiling point of water.

Check out my website for more information on how geothermal heating and cooling works for a home owner.  Here is the link below.

Evogreen.ca

Azorus

Nice add for your company.

And yes people have thought of it before, there are quite a few websites you can go to that offer the same services as you.

Evogreen

there are residential geothermal systems that generate electricity?  can you give me a link?

And As of right now all i have is a website with information.  No company that i am representing.

Evogreen.ca

onthecuttingedge2005

Geothermal is good on large scale systems, there are a lot of complications that occure over the life span of Geothermal pockets, they do run dry and have to be refilled every couple of years, you have to drill deep for high efficiencies.

I don't think it is practical because the cost would be pretty high to hire a drilling rig. general Geothermal plants have holes drilled from a 1/4 mile to 2 miles deep depending on the terrain and available Geothermal pockets per area.

small scale would run dry sooner because pockets are not as big, I see a lot of overhead for private residents trying to tap this on their own and trying to keep the system in maintenance order.

but if you are interested in this type of power then I wish you luck.

I would actually do some heavy reading about it first and then make your evaluations.

Jerry 8)

Evogreen

Thanks for the reply Jerry.  Yeah i did some reading and can see that it is not feasable to use a goethermal system for generating electricity.  But lets not forget how great they are for small home heating and cooling. I can't think of a better way to heat and cool your home.  No other heating system offers you a COP of 4!  I hope to own a home in the near future that is heated and cooled by geothermal.  I would love to get rid of my Gas bill and also not have to worry about CO2 poisioning!

Evan
evogreen.ca