Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

EER Joule Thief using an earth battery to start a joule thief.

Started by jeanna, December 28, 2009, 09:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

in3d

Hi,

I did a quick Google on: "cotton wire sheath" and found:

http://magnetoparts.com/wire.htm

They specify the cotton has a shiny lacquer finish. They also state that "All use a cotton woven jacket over a modern wire insulation material".

Shannon

Pirate88179

Quote from: in3d on February 15, 2010, 02:09:04 PM
Hi,

I did a quick Google on: "cotton wire sheath" and found:

http://magnetoparts.com/wire.htm

They specify the cotton has a shiny lacquer finish. They also state that "All use a cotton woven jacket over a modern wire insulation material".

Shannon

"Modern wire insulation material".  Exactly.  That is the type of thing I too have found in looking for a source.  I guess one could buy that and remove the cotton and strip the wire and put the wire back but, I think it would be easier and cheaper to use the shoelace approach since Jeanna said it is available on rolls at reasonable cost.

At least we would only have to put the wire through once.  I think that if we soldered a sphere onto the end of the wire we were pushing through the tubing, it might not be all that bad to slide over the length of the wire needed to make a coil.  If the gauge of the copper wire was large enough, I don't think we would have to do anything else to the wire or tubing except wind it bifilar onto our core.

I need to find a bunch of money (to pay bills) before I can try this but, I will give it a go when I can.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

lasersaber

in3d

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay. I've been under the weather for the last few days (finally feeling better) and work has kept my schedule full. I'm in the process of creating a YouTube channel and will be posting videos soon. I don't have any new information, but I'm very eager to get back to testing the planter idea :-) I made several videos of the creation process into making the planter and also received a new shipment of magnesium ribbon in the mail. Unfortunately, I've been sick the last few days and Saturday was such a wonderful sunny day (much like Spring!!). Now, there's snow returning for 2 to 3 days :-( Wierd weather lately. I'm so ready for Spring!

Oh, the (2) PVC magnesium and copper water cells I created a couple weeks ago are still powering 2 LED's through a Joule Thief with a secondary. I haven't touched them since the night I hooked them up, but the LED's are still rapidly flickering the same rate and they've become much more bright. I'm curious if there's still water in the cells. I'd think the water would have evaporated by now. So, I'll need to examine them this week.

Shannon

freepow

To anyone, does anyone know where I can get a 3.25 inch ferrite core toroid, same type used in jeanna's light ?????