Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Micro Grid Tie Units Feedback

Started by infringer, January 24, 2010, 03:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

infringer

I am curious if any of you folks have used micro grid tie units ...

I have heard of a few people who swear by the swiss units like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Solar-Wind-SWEA-Micro-Grid-Tie-Power-Inverter_W0QQitemZ220526022968

But I am curious about the cheaper units featured on ebay like the chinese units on ebay...

Anyone using micro grid tie please post your feedback I would greatly appreciate it.
REGISTER AND BECOME A MEMBER RIGHT NOW!!!!!
........::::::::: http://www.energyinfringer.com  :::::::::........

"""""""everything is energy and energy is everything""""""

-infringer-

nueview

I have not seen this type unit before i mean manufacturer but there are different types and some are good and some aren't worth a nickel in my opinion. some have to be tied to the grid for a while and make a consistent power level for about five minutes before they will output any power to the grid so they run but any fluctuation or drop starts a recount mine charges a cap bank and when it has enough for a pulse it sends it of there is enough for full time running it just keeps putting out so at this point i am fairly happy it does 1 KW max but am looking to do better.
Martin

infringer

REGISTER AND BECOME A MEMBER RIGHT NOW!!!!!
........::::::::: http://www.energyinfringer.com  :::::::::........

"""""""everything is energy and energy is everything""""""

-infringer-

CompuTutor

yeah, their cute cute I suppose.

Every bit helps.

Here is some manufacturer info:

http://www.swea.nl/PDF/StarterkitManualEng.pdf

Quote from: nueview on January 24, 2010, 09:32:23 PM
I have not seen this type unit before i mean manufacturer but there are different types and some are good and some aren't worth a nickel in my opinion. some have to be tied to the grid for a while and make a consistent power level for about five minutes before they will output any power to the grid so they run but any fluctuation or drop starts a recount mine charges a cap bank and when it has enough for a pulse it sends it of there is enough for full time running it just keeps putting out so at this point i am fairly happy it does 1 KW max but am looking to do better.
Martin

Yes Nueview,
You bring up a good point that may escape others.

The use of any small grid-tie inverter
should always be done through an intermediate storage source
Like a battery bank, or "Stiffener" capacitor bank.

Letting the feeble amount from any energy solar source
like wind, solar, etc. feed the inverter directly is a waste.

The small amounts they produce at times,
and sync plus delay circuits, etc.,
will waste most of your energy
under spinning the power meter.

Always build it up first,
then run at the inverters max.

An inverter idling has a horrible efficiency rating.

They are most efficient near the top of their max out.

So, build up, THEN drain out at full force to the grid.

nueview

to Compututor
thank you for understanding my reply and clarifying it for me to others.
yes the system needs to be run near max input and then becomes quite efficient otherwise they are not worth doing at all and could cost more to have than they are worth for the installation.
Martin