Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Leveraged pendulum - perpetuum mobile simulation works!

Started by Rapadura, May 11, 2010, 08:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexioco

I made it and it didn't work, the process just slowed down, I made an off balance lever like in your simulation, put a heavy weight on the short end, (it wasn't to heavy), just heavy enough to just about lift the long end right to the top, i then put the heavy weight at 45 degrees, let it go and the pendulum did swing but it soon came to a stop... I tried placing the weight at different degrees on the short end of the seesaw to see what results i got, but all experiments came to a stop!

Alex
The love of God is great and true,
A special thing for Him and you,
A perfect friend, a Father too,
Lift up your hearts for He is true.

gauschor

Did you also activate some kind of hair dryer in some distance (1-2m) to simulate a slow wind as shown in the video clips?

Alexioco

Lmao no, i have a slightly different idea, the idea is simple really... The large weight starts at the 12 o clock position, it drops (lifting the long end up), when the large weight gets to the 6 o-clock position (gained its full speed), it shoots past a paper fan, causing a draft which blows the paper fan, and as a result (being a paper fan) the paper fan blows back onto the lever giving it just enough froce to lift the large weight back to the top and hey, it repeats the cycle LOL.

Good Day
Alex
The love of God is great and true,
A special thing for Him and you,
A perfect friend, a Father too,
Lift up your hearts for He is true.

DreamThinkBuild

@Rapadura,

I've built your setup with Lego's, great tool for rapid prototyping. After messing with the wheels as weights and moving the  center point around I came up with what is in the picture. It does spin around a couple times with a push but friction kills it quick. It does seem if you could assist the long arm on the way down you could keep it going as it works as a lever to pull the large weight up. I also confirm, as Alexioco, that I could not get it to go without external force.

I also attached another picture of my failed attempt at my oscillating ramp idea from awhile back. Instead of springs it is magnetically levitated at the ends of the seesaw. It goes about 6 oscillations with a steel ball and 4 with a marble. Never could get it to work it's just another project that litters my table.

I guess you have to assume nothing works until you build it and have solid readings from it, it is fun to try though. Keep coming up with the ideas. I build a lot of stuff even though I may not show it on the net.

Rapadura

Alexioco and DreamThinkBuild: many thanks for testing this in the real world!!!!!!!

So... It is probably a bug of PHUN algoritm... It's a pity...

Or... well... a optimist may argue that it only can work with the same densities of the steel ball and the wooden lever of the simulation... And with a very low friction hinge like that of the simulation... But it is not the more probable hypothesis. The more probable is that it's just a bug of the algoritm...

Anyway, thank you guys very much!!!