Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Working Air Battery

Started by lasersaber, June 08, 2010, 11:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bizzy

b_rads
I like the idea of using activated carbon as a source of carbon. That seems alot easier to work with than crushing pieces of coal or bartering a bottle of homemade wine with my cousin who works at a carbon plant in St Marys, Pa...thanks for the tIP. Do you know if it works as well as regular powdered carbon?

b_rads

@Bizzy
I have not tried powdered carbon - do not know how the two would compare for performance.  I have experimented with the activated carbon in water batteries and very happy with the results.  In the water batteries, I look for as much surface area as possible in both the cathode and anode for the galvanic effect to take place and this has served my purpose very well.  Not certain how it would perform in the air batteries.  Best of luck.
Brad S

Bizzy

b_rads
I picked up some activated carbon at lunch today and want to hopefully set up my experiments later this weekend. I never worked with it before so i am uncertain how to use it. It seems like it is in small pellets. Should this be ground into a fine powder like I would do when I use coal?
thanks
Bizzy

b_rads

@Bizzy
I have used stainless steel mesh formed into the shape needed and simply packed the carbon as tight as will go.  A quick rinse with tap water and connect my positive to the stainless steel mesh. 
Brad S

b_rads

@bizzy
For your consideration!  Sunday morning I threw together a small cell loosely based on your idea in an above post.  This is a magnesium fire starter wrapped in a coffee filter and surrounded by activated carbon with @jeanna’s Epsom Salt electrolyte.  The cell outputs 1.25v.  The cell is powering a cheap solar accent light with its AA rechargeable battery removed.  I apologize ahead of time for posting this in the air battery thread â€" however, I feel this does have some relevance to the design mentioned by @bizzy earlier.
Brad S