Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Can't remember name of tool. Please help

Started by angryScientist, October 10, 2010, 09:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angryScientist

I know I have seen this device dozens of times as a child. I can't remember the name of it though. I've been looking through books, doing google searches and I still can't find the name of it.

It's a simple device used to miniaturize drawing. It has one point used to trace a larger image connected through rods to long arms. Some where along the arms it has another set of rods that control a drawing implement.

Aghhh! It's so simple and I cant remember the name of it. Does anybody remember the name of this thing? I could use the help.

I want to build a device like this to scratch some traces in a circuit board for a surface mount connector like a breakout board. The traces would be way to small for me to do by hand. I can't draw that small and I don't want to waste a sensitized board to do a photo transfer. I don't know that it would even work for me to do it photographically. I don't have that much experience.

I would love to look it up on google and get all the math or tricks or hints. Would save so much time.

Ronwg

The device you are referring to is called a Pantograph, and I have one that my dad owned.
And yes a Google search will show the device.

Ron

angryScientist

Quote from: Ronwg on October 10, 2010, 10:33:03 PM
The device you are referring to is called a Pantograph
Ron

Thank you Ron. You are a true gentleman. That is exactly what I was looking for.

I have noticed that even in modern high tech machinery for making microchips this same basic technique is still used.

We are dwarfs on the shoulders of giants.

Thank you again,
Abe

Pirate88179

It was invented by Thomas Jefferson.  A model of one is one display at his home in Monticello.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen