Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Electricity from heat exchangers?

Started by Low-Q, December 06, 2010, 05:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Low-Q

I read about heat exchangers which have a COP of 4.04. It delivers more energy than you put in from the grid. This extra energy is taken from the surrounding air, so there is no violation of the laws.

If the COP are 4.04, shouldn't it be possible to make a generator which used the energy in thin air to power the heat exchanger WITHOUT using power from the grid at all?

How do we, in the simplest way, convert heat into electric energy so we can run the pump in the exchanger from its own harnessed energy from the air?

What about making an engine which runs from the temperature difference in the heat exchanger, and connect a generator to this motor?

Make this exchanger big enough, and you do not ever have to pay bills for powering your house :)

Vidar

Doug1

You would have to re-develope the entire thing. Temp difference will only be slight unless it is a good distance apart from two objects (below ground to above ground) Typical generator has a high resistance to spin while under a load. The space required to build a system would be larger then most people have space for. While it's a good idea technollogy is just isnt there yet. Find a better form of peltire materials or combinations of them which could boost output then maybe. Or find the holy grail to energy conservation and recycling then you wont need to do much but could if your inclinned to have something to do.
I still believe the holy grail is something stupid and over looked because it is just too simple and easy to believe.

Low-Q

Increasing the surface area of each poston and cylinder in a Stirling enging should help? Let's say there is a star-shaped piston and cylinder. Let one or several "hot" cylinders be attached to the hot side of the exchanger, and the other cylinders on the old side? Then we let the surrounding air to provide the power we need?

Anyways, sure there is a stupid and simple way to the holy grail - we are just not stupid enough to find out ;) The motto must be: "Keep it simple", or as Einstein said: "Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler than that"

iquant

Why not take advantage of the difference between air and water temp?  ie.  ocean or river based heat exchanger. 

Quote from: Low-Q on December 06, 2010, 05:34:43 AM
I read about heat exchangers which have a COP of 4.04. It delivers more energy than you put in from the grid. This extra energy is taken from the surrounding air, so there is no violation of the laws.

If the COP are 4.04, shouldn't it be possible to make a generator which used the energy in thin air to power the heat exchanger WITHOUT using power from the grid at all?

How do we, in the simplest way, convert heat into electric energy so we can run the pump in the exchanger from its own harnessed energy from the air?

What about making an engine which runs from the temperature difference in the heat exchanger, and connect a generator to this motor?

Make this exchanger big enough, and you do not ever have to pay bills for powering your house :)

Vidar

Low-Q

Quote from: iquant on December 06, 2010, 12:19:19 PM
Why not take advantage of the difference between air and water temp?  ie.  ocean or river based heat exchanger.
Yes, it is many ways to harness the potential between two temperatures. What you mention are a very good way of doing it. I will consider using the groundwater which is only 2 meters below the surface under my house. Drill a hole and put some pipes down there. Water can circulate with a small pump and supply a sterling engine with constant temperature on one side, and a variable temperature on the other side. The good thing is that the engine works better in the winter time where the temperatures up here reach below -30 degrees celcius some times. The machine will generate enough power to heat up the house :)