Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Oscilloscope?

Started by Taylor1992, December 29, 2010, 11:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor1992

What kind of oscilloscope should I get? Anyone know of where to get a deal on one besides ebay? Anyone willing to sell me one?

Omnibus

Quote from: Taylor1992 on December 29, 2010, 11:03:26 PM
What kind of oscilloscope should I get? Anyone know of where to get a deal on one besides ebay? Anyone willing to sell me one?

That's a tricky one. You may wanna take a look at the thread I opened yesterday: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=10177.msg268776#new

Lakes

Plenty of Scope tutorials on Youtube.

Here`s one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTG6jWL0ZqA

As for the best deal, if you don`t want to use Ebay, that depends on where you are located.

Omnibus

Quote from: Lakes on December 30, 2010, 05:48:33 AM
Plenty of Scope tutorials on Youtube.

Here`s one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTG6jWL0ZqA

As for the best deal, if you don`t want to use Ebay, that depends on where you are located.

That's OK but for our purposes we do need better accuracy than the usual 8-bit scopes provide. Even the high-end 12-bit won't be enough. The 14-bit scopes are a rarity, it seems, and even that's not enough. Also, another very, very important point which these tutorials always miss to comment on -- the probes. I can't emphasize too strong how important the proper probes are and those proper probes are usually more expensive than the oscilloscope itself. So, for a, say, $3,000 dollar scope we're talking $10,000 for probes or something like that. The passive probes that come with the scope are crap, especially for the purposes of the studies we're discussing here. They can be used in the preliminary studies but for good, solid conclusions they should be avoided.

Taylor1992

Can someone point me to a good deal on one on ebay then?
I've been looking threw them and not enough information is given for someone who doesn't know much about them like me to make an educated purchase.