Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Oscilloscope?

Started by Taylor1992, December 29, 2010, 11:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e2matrix

I'm not really sure what Omnibus is referring to that needs a $30k scope but any scope is better than no scope and will let you see some things you otherwise would not have a clue about.  I got a 400 Mhz digital Phillips / Fluke scope on fleabay a few years ago for around $300.  It has worked great other than when it popped a couple power supply caps after a couple years.  I replaced them myself and it's still working great.  I'm sure this scope was in the multi-thousand dollar range new. 
   I'd like to know exactly what factor it is that Omnibus thinks needs such an expensive scope.  And is that new price?  A used scope is often way less but may still have a lot of features and accuracy.  What specifically requires such new state of the art equipment?  Haven't we seen many inventors in the past build what we believe are OU devices without the need for such - which was obviously not even available when some inventors built devices. 

Omnibus

I disagree. It's better not to have a scope than have a mediocre one that will give you confusing results every time you plug it in and make you believe you have OU while there's none. These faulty scopes are one of the reasons for those so many unjustified OU claims. As for the characteristics of a good scope, I already mentioned what they should be. Such scopes are in the tens of thousands, let alone the probes. Such scopes cannot be even rented let alone found second hand. The worst thing is that even with them the results can still be questioned, as I mentioned earlier. As for the people caliming OU, aside from Steorn, there has never been a claim (I'm talking about claim in the electromagnetic field because we're talking about scopes) which can come remotely to what science requires as proof of OU. Indeed, many people are working on this field but, aside from Steorn, there's nothing one can hang on to.

Taylor1992

Umm, still learning here? I just need a scope so i can know what the F I'm doing, lol. Not really looking to make any overunity stuff right now, as I have to understand what's happening in the circuits first.

e2matrix

Okay Omnibus now I think I see what you are saying.  If one wants a scope for the purpose of proving OU scientifically then one might need such a high end scope.  But I don't think  Taylor1992 is seeking one for that but rather just to have a clue what might be happening under certain circumstances.  And I see now that is what he has stated.  I concur with him that for basic learning of what is happening in circuits that a scope is a great tool even if it's only a $100 used scope.  You will see things you could not see with a meter and it's almost like the difference between a radio talk show and a TV show.  It is something I would not discourage anyone from getting.   

Tink

Taylor1992,

Buy a cheapy secondhand for lets say 50 to 100 Dollars.
Make sure it works though.
The least you should have is a 20 MegaHertz double channel scope.
Most of the time there are probes with them but if they are not there buy some probes for them for lets say 50 dollars at the most.
You wont have the best of the best but you can now do some serious work.
I would also suggest to buy an analog multimeter (you know a multimeter with a needle), a cheapy with 20 KiloOhms a volt will do.
And about the scope, even a single channel 10 MegaHertz scope will help you, but I think a 20 MegaHertz double channel is better because you can compare signals.
I hope this helps you.
Synergy is the key to free energy.