Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

DIY ACID FREE CARBON BATTERIES

Started by Bizzy, February 23, 2011, 11:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bizzy

This thread is a spin-off of Lasersaber’s working air battery thread. I applaud Lasersaber for his creativity and skill at inventing. And we look forward to his DIY joule ringer circuit.
This thread will detail how to make a working acid free carbon battery. Some of the initial information will be repeats from Lasersaber’s thread so bare with us while we complete the switch over. It is our goal to supply all the needed information to construct a usable battery system with only minimal component degradation.  This is achieved by eliminating acid from the cell and using water as the only electrolytic source. The ongoing experiments will help everyone to understand the thought process behind the cells and to give us the maximum possible efficiency.
I hope you find it useful. We only ask that you please contribute.
Thanks, Danke sehr, und merci vielmals
Bizzy

b_rads

In early experiments, this has been a good source for the carbon.  I would be interested to know if others have found another good, cost effective, high performing source for carbon.

Bizzy

Good Morning
This is a picture of my working "air" battery
Each cell is made of copper casing with a copper plug bottom. A thin layer of activated carbon at the bottom. A magnesium rod is covered with mascing tape and incerted inside and more activatred carbon is filled in. I poured a shot glass full of water into each cell and hooked them in a series. and the result is 5.96 volts.
Currently I am running an led on just 2 cells to see how long it runns.
Bizzy

Bizzy

Good morning
Here is a diagram of the cell I used. I then hooked them up in a series. Copper to magnesium. I hope to work on it more after work today and will report on what I find. Enjoy
Bizzy

Bizzy

Good morning
The following are the results of my latest test. I wanted to know if granular size of the carbon made a differance. Below is a picruew of a single cell with activated carbon just as you would buy it at the store.
Bizzy