Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Muller Dynamo for experimentalists

Started by plengo, May 12, 2011, 01:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMdevices

Attraction is more powerful than repulsion, as stated and I agree. 

What most people might not realize is the simple fact that a magnet is not so different than a ferrite.    Placing a coil around a magnet will increase the B field inside hundreds or thousands of times since the material is magnetizable, despite the fact that it already has some remnant magnetization, and it's certainly not saturated by any means, and so more of it's domains can and will align with the external field.   

something very critical to understand about magnetic materials and how they obtain the B-H curves, is the fact that these tests are done on toroids or closed magnetic path circuits.  So when you see a value for remanence (Br) for a magnet, it's only applicable if you have a closed path.   But if you have a small piece of magnet in your hand, that B field inside of it is less then Br, because the magnetic path flows through the air as well which has less permeability, so this is an open circuit, and so the proper location on the B-H curve for such a small magnet is to the LEFT of the origin and ABOVE the H-axis.   So if you pulse a coil in REPULSION to the magnet, you will actually push the magnets magnetization further down the B-H curve to a lesser value of B field, but if you pulse in ATTRACTION you will move the material up on the B-H curve and to the right, increasing the energy in the system which is equal to the area under the curve.

To really maximize the power capability of a dynamo per volume, you should have an almost closed magnetic circuit with only a very small air gap between the rotor and the stator core.

EM

FreeEnergyInfo

info...
http://freeenergylt.narod2.ru/muller_dynamo/
INFO...
Mopozco
"quest for OU" XI -- "COP over 1"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYRVwIw0azo

to make sure the meters're showing right readings in previous video have changed the motor's design -- coils-magnets arrangement and heavier light, but on the same principle; meters still showing cop^1 readings and motor's running on supercap with power source disconnected
(but no worries yet, not for long - only for couple hours)

teslaalset

Some thoughts on the rotor bearings.
Great deal of the losses will be due to the rotation bearings.
Idealy an air bearing or magnetic bearing would be preferred, but these are mostly too costly and complex to use at our level of replication.

So, I thought of a simple contruction for a magnet bearing that would be worth trying in practice.
Attached a few 3D shots I made.
The red/blue parts are magnetic rings that are quite easy to obtain.
What I have in mind here is that the axis is locked up in all 3 dimensions by magnetic repelling.
The allowed movement tolerances will be part of the design of course, the tighter the air gaps, the less freedom of undesired movement.
Any comments on this concept?

teslaalset

Quote from: EMdevices on May 22, 2011, 12:40:52 AM
Attraction is more powerful than repulsion, as stated and I agree. 

What most people might not realize is the simple fact that a magnet is not so different than a ferrite.    Placing a coil around a magnet will increase the B field inside hundreds or thousands of times since the material is magnetizable, despite the fact that it already has some remnant magnetization, and it's certainly not saturated by any means, and so more of it's domains can and will align with the external field.   

something very critical to understand about magnetic materials and how they obtain the B-H curves, is the fact that these tests are done on toroids or closed magnetic path circuits.  So when you see a value for remanence (Br) for a magnet, it's only applicable if you have a closed path.   But if you have a small piece of magnet in your hand, that B field inside of it is less then Br, because the magnetic path flows through the air as well which has less permeability, so this is an open circuit, and so the proper location on the B-H curve for such a small magnet is to the LEFT of the origin and ABOVE the H-axis.   So if you pulse a coil in REPULSION to the magnet, you will actually push the magnets magnetization further down the B-H curve to a lesser value of B field, but if you pulse in ATTRACTION you will move the material up on the B-H curve and to the right, increasing the energy in the system which is equal to the area under the curve.

To really maximize the power capability of a dynamo per volume, you should have an almost closed magnetic circuit with only a very small air gap between the rotor and the stator core.

EM

Very good theory, EM.
Atached a B-H graph of an example Alnico magnet.
But as I see it, if there is no additional field generated by an additional coil the magnet situation is the one where H=0, so Br, in your graph, the area of the arrow tails in my graph.
Adding extra field to such magnet will either move the old situation over the top part of the curve, as indicated below by the red and blue arrow.
So, very little difference if moderate pulse energy is used.
Only if very large pulse energy is used to bring the B strength to near zero, one will have this difference, the only reason for doing that would be a large load.

Also attached an overview of the forces to the rotor if a maget passes a ferrite core.
The red line represents the force in the direction of the rotor movement (X and Y axis).
The black line represents the force in the axis direction (Z axis, although the label in the figure says Y -axis. This is due to the different way of using the orientation in my simulations).
The noise on the graphs is due to the FEM mesh size. I took rather rough resolution to speed up the calculations.
The magnet is at TDC at 10 ms in the graph.
Zooming into the red graph you can see that you need very little extra force to have an overal positive movement of the rotor.
Only if you want to generate a lot of force, your situation is the required one.

I see a possible flaw and that is that the pulsing is done such that the effect is mainly in North/South direction (Z-axis) and is not in the direction of the movement (X and Y axis)

BTW, the vertical force should not be neglected, since it is a large one.
In RomeroUK's model, the build is symmetrical in the Z axis in theory.
However, the magnets and cores will have some tolerances.
These tolerances cause vertical imballance.
In my opinion RomeroUK uses the stator magnets to ballance the vertical vibrations.
There might be additional reasons for the stator magnets, but I believe the vertical vibration compensation is the main reason.

tysb3

@EMdevices

QuoteTo really maximize the power capability of a dynamo per volume, you should have an almost closed magnetic circuit with only a very small air gap between the rotor and the stator core.

this is an alternative view:

http://www.totallyamped.net/adams/#top

QuoteStandard Electrical Induction Generator Theory says you should put the cores as close as possible. In this instance I strongly disagree. I say put them where you get the most Voltage before your rotor slows significantly. And remember - This is an Open Magnetic System and We Play by Different Rules here! What can appear to be a weakness can be a great strength. There is a "yet to be discussed anomaly" which makes good use of the changing Bloch and Transition walls.