Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

HHO watergas, very low power water electrolysis !

Started by hartiberlin, May 12, 2006, 09:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pg46

Hi wizkycho-

You are completely wrong, certanly. :)   are you so sure about that?

Yes indeed, it is current flow that causes electrolysis to happen. I think that it has been well established that electrolysis of water starts at 1.23 Volts. Voltage doesn't matter directly excepting of course that you need enough volts to push the current through the cell, anymore than that and you are waisting wattage and your cell will be inefficient. The voltage across the cell is used to figure the wattage of the cell. The less voltage used to move a certain amount of amperage the more efficient the cell.
The efficiency of the plate sizing per amps used is of course very important as is the plate spacing.
Of course a multiplate series cell can have the same wattage as a single cell two plate design. A 60 plate cell using 120VDC drawing 2 amps is a 240 watt electrolyser unit whereas a 2 plate cell design at 12VDC drawing 20 amps is also the same wattage at 240 watts.
So a 2 plate(or parallel plate)or multi plate series cell design, whats the difference? The 2 plate design is a low volt, high amp design where the multi-plate or series cell is a high volt, low amp design. The series cell is easy to build too and by keeping the cell voltage to around 2 Volts per cell it is then easier to control amperage and thus avoid the ever nasty "amperage runaway" . Amperage runaway is when the electrolyte solution continuously heats up thereby drawing more amps which then creates even more heat, which creates more steam and will soon give you a big headache. :D You don't want that.
Some experimenters have shown a 3X increase in gas production of a series cell over 2 plate (parallel plate) designs. Also many have claimed that additional special gases are created in low amp cells. There is some interesting thoughts about why this might be. At high amps you produce as expected oxygen and hydrogen gas with maybe some water vapor. But at low amp designs as in the series cells, some claim that other forms of hydrogen are produced such as orthohydrogen from low amp cells and monohydrogen produced from pulsed input voltages etc. These "other" gases are supposedly a lot more powerful in terms of energy than regular gases produced by what some of us call "brute force" electrolysis which is the high amp electrolysers.
Oops! I am getting deeper than I intended - so back to my  original point which was that Mr. Klein has built a common series cell design which is easy to build and which I agree can be very efficient. But with the exception of his elctronics which I didn't look into, he hasn't built anything magical.
The general consensus amongst cell builders seems to heavily favor the multi plate, low amp series cell design over the other "brute force" cells.
So don't fry your cells with high amps! Go with the series cells like our good friend Mr. Klein has done  8)

Best,

curbina

Hi, well, I have been lurking here from time to time, but never registered till today, as I just was looking what you had to say about this HHO gas generator system.

I have been looking all aspects of this invention and so far found that it does not generate pure hydrogen and or oxygen, but is rather creating what Ruggero Santilli has called "A New Gaseous form of water", which is said to be magnecules, or atoms of H and O bound by magnetism rather than charge.

I have done the calculations on energy effciency and could say that it roughly puts 6 times more energy in the form of HHO gas than the electric energy input (gives 30 Kw in the form of gas, or 2 pounds of a 50.000 btu/ pound HHO gas, for each 5 Kw consumed), which is good but would not let much room for overunity with a 20% efficient internal combustion engine. It could run at best continuosly but without much spare energy to use.

If you dont believe me, I attached the Santilli paper about HHO Gas (Santilli worked with Denny Klein for the patent application for this device).

What mystifies me is that the gas can change the temperature according to the surface it touches. This is a whole new field in Physics, and Santilli has been ignored enough to believe that now is time for change.

I'd say that as long as this company markets this technology as a welding gas, it's gonna be allowed, but if they insist in automotive uses, they are doomed.