Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Ibpointless2 Crystal Cells

Started by ibpointless2, November 02, 2011, 02:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triffid

Hi everyone,I have been trying to help Merfedit with an experiment and found a way to make carbon nanotubes at home by accident!I used a long nose bic lighter for barbecue,butane powered.I bought this one on sale at the store for $2.50.I tried to ignite a piece of borax treated magnesium but the darn(thats D A R N) thing would not light!The yellow flame from the butane lighter was putting soot on the strip of magnesium.So I thought thats the carbon nanotubes there!So I stopped trying to light the magnesium and took voltages.I got .60 volts most of the time and got an amp reading(the highest) of .003 mAs.So my experiment went off in a different direction.This is a success all by itself.I used a piece of my borax treated magnesium,could not light it after two minutes but it got hot and covered with black carbon soot from a yellow flame butane powered bic lighter.They have found nanotubes and buckyballs in soot.I will save this piece of soot covered magnesium and take readings in the days to come.triffid

I get about .002 milliwatts from this one piece of borax treated magnesium strip.
Where I held the strip with pliers theres a clear area.So I put the voltmeter there and on the soot.

Murfedit

Success!! I love that word :-D
This whole experiment makes me want a scanning electron microscope badly
Grats Ib and thank you again

triffid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_nanotube

Nanotubes were observed in 1991 in the carbon soot of graphite electrodes during an arc discharge, by using a current of 100 amps, that was intended to produce fullerenes.[65] However the first macroscopic production of carbon nanotubes was made in 1992 by two researchers at NEC's Fundamental Research Laboratory.[66] The method used was the same as in 1991. During this process, the carbon contained in the negative electrode sublimates because of the high-discharge temperatures. Because nanotubes were initially discovered using this technique, it has been the most widely used method of nanotube synthesis.
The yield for this method is up to 30% by weight and it produces both single- and multi-walled nanotubes with lengths of up to 50 micrometers with few structural defects.[31]

triffid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soot Soot is a powdered form of

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amorphous_carbon

Coal and soot are both informally called amorphous carbon. However, both are products of pyrolysis, which does not produce true amorphous carbon under normal conditions. The coal industry divides coal up into various grades depending on the amount of carbon present in the sample compared to the amount of impurities. The highest grade, anthracite, is about 90 percent carbon and 10% other elements. Bituminous coal is about 75-90 percent carbon, and lignite is the name for coal that is around 55 percent carbon.

triffid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_nanofoam   The nanofoam contains numerous unpaired electrons, which Rode and colleagues propose is due to carbon atoms with only three bonds that are found at topological and bonding defects. This gives rise to what is perhaps carbon nanofoam's most unusual feature: it is attracted to magnets, and below âˆ'183 °C can itself be made magnetic.