Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

New Renaissance Prizes offered to encourage Energy experimenters

Started by JouleSeeker, November 04, 2011, 11:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WilbyInebriated

funny how out of the two separate things i posted, you both respond to the one about your imaginary godfairy and the efficacy of prayer... without offering a single scientific study or even a theory...  nothing but a quote. regardless, you are putting the cart before the horse even attempting to argue the efficacy of prayer. provide a single shred of material evidence and/or a logical proof for the existence of your imaginary godfairy that take requests before you start arguing the efficacy of prayer to said godfairy...

futhermore, quoting newton is kind of disingenuous... he wrote more on occult than science, but he isn't known for his theories on the efficacy of prayer is he? and there is a reason for that... ;)

finally, why is it that the efficacy of prayer is not studied by serious scientists? that's a rhetorical question, but the answer is because they know such a thing is asinine...

There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

Magluvin

Quote from: WilbyInebriated on November 27, 2011, 09:00:26 PM
funny how out of the two separate things i posted, you both respond to the one about your imaginary godfairy and the efficacy of prayer... without offering a single scientific study or even a theory...  nothing but a quote. regardless, you are putting the cart before the horse even attempting to argue the efficacy of prayer. provide a single shred of material evidence and/or a logical proof for the existence of your imaginary godfairy that take requests before you start arguing the efficacy of prayer to said godfairy...

futhermore, quoting newton is kind of disingenuous... he wrote more on occult than science, but he isn't known for his theories on the efficacy of prayer is he? and there is a reason for that... ;)

finally, why is it that the efficacy of prayer is not studied by serious scientists? that's a rhetorical question, but the answer is because they know such a thing is asinine...

Come on Wilbs, why the need to come down on peoples beliefs in God? You do it a lot. I bet there are more here that believe in God, than there are that do not, as you do not.

And as for there are no good scientists studying prayer and a whole spectrum of religious subjects, is not accurate at all. An untruth. A lie.  Yet you pose it as if it were some sort of proof that God doesnt exist and prayer is useless.

There are 8.7 million results for "scientists study prayer"   Quite a contradiction, no?

Ease up a bit eh?
Mags

ramset

Almighty and powerful "W"
Google "Placebo effect" and faith based Healing!

Our Creator has hard wired us to Faith !!

Regardless of the "God" 
Faith is Honored!!

ANY HOO Seeing as How The Almighty and Powerful [and selfrightious arrogant Pr##$]
Has Me On Ignore..
I can Speak as I chose to That No Good $%3@45%#$%6^5&^% Freakin WouldBDrunK

Hugs and Kisses

AAHHHHH What Bliss..............
Chet
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

nul-points

Quote from: WilbyInebriated on November 27, 2011, 09:00:26 PM
[...]
quoting newton is kind of disingenuous... he wrote more on occult than science
[...]

LOL (again!)

you disappoint, Wilby - i thought you were supposed to be the epitome of razor-sharp wit and seeker-out of the 'logical fallacy'!

a 'belief-system' is a belief-system regardless of WHAT is believed

i didn't elaborate above on WHAT the three 'credible' scientists believed

Steven has a belief-system, as do you, as did Newton, and as do i

from the evidence in this thread, it's apparent that one clear difference in approach between Steven's belief-system and yours, is that Steven's is able to co-exist considerately and without confrontation with differing belief systems

i disagree with your earlier statement about Steven's credibility - if anybody is in need of improving their credibility it is you, Mr Wilby

...but then, that's why we enjoy your posts so much   ;)

PS  "...Newton, Maxwell, Faraday..." - that was a list - not a "quote" 
"To do is to be" ---  Descartes;
"To be is to do"  ---  Jean Paul Sarte;
"Do be do be do" ---  F. Sinatra

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: nul-points on November 28, 2011, 02:47:46 AM
LOL (again!)

you disappoint, Wilby - i thought you were supposed to be the epitome of razor-sharp wit and seeker-out of the 'logical fallacy'!

a 'belief-system' is a belief-system regardless of WHAT is believed

i didn't elaborate above on WHAT the three 'credible' scientists believed

Steven has a belief-system, as do you, as did Newton, and as do i

from the evidence in this thread, it's apparent that one clear difference in approach between Steven's belief-system and yours, is that Steven's is able to co-exist considerately and without confrontation with differing belief systems

i disagree with your earlier statement about Steven's credibility - if anybody is in need of improving their credibility it is you, Mr Wilby

...but then, that's why we enjoy your posts so much   ;)

PS  "...Newton, Maxwell, Faraday..." - that was a list - not a "quote"
LOL again indeed...

one more time for the cheap seats... i don't give a whit what newton or maxwell or faraday or anyone else for that matter has to say about imaginary godfairies or praying to imaginary godfairies... and you know as well as i do that newton could never substantiate that statement of his with anything resembling science.

do you have a a single shred of material evidence or a logical proof that prayer works or that your imaginary godfairy exists? no. you don't... so give it up.

you might as well request that people who believe twiddling their thumbs will effect world peace to start twiddling... it will have the same effect. nothing.

are you suggesting that steven's request to pray (a completely unscientific approach) enhances his credibility as a scientist (a rational thinker who uses critical reasoning and logic along with the scientific method)?  ::)

p.s. it's not belief... it's faith. faith in an imaginary godfairy without a single shred of material evidence nor a logical proof is faith.
and faith is a belief without material evidence or a logical proof.
ie: i believe the sun will 'rise' tomorrow. (belief because there is material evidence of a sun. one that has 'risen' every day for all of recorded history.)
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe