Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

another small breakthrough on our NERD technology.

Started by Rosemary Ainslie, November 08, 2011, 09:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosemary Ainslie

Quote from: MileHigh on April 10, 2012, 12:34:56 AM
Rosemary:

I'm not going to play a game of chess with you about this.  I will assume that the readers are assuming just like me, that in fact you are unable to answer the question.

If you can't answer the question then we can conclude that you don't understand how the function generator works.  Since you don't understand how the function generator works then you are not able to pass any judgements on whether or not current is flowing through the function generator when your circuit is running in negative offset oscillation mode.

So I can suggest to you that you either answer the question and show your work or you admit to us that you can't answer the question and ask for our help.

The goal would be to get you to understand how current can flow straight through the function generator just like it does in your circuit.

MileHigh

In which case MileHigh we should be able to prove that experimentally.  I intend to do so. The thing you are trying to imply is that our results are skewed as a result of this.  I KNOW that they are NOT.

Rosie Pose

ADDED

picowatt

Rosemary,

Please do experimentally verify that current can both pass through and/or be provided by a function generator.  You need not take anyone's word for that.  It would take very little time to do the experiments necessary to prove that a function generator can both source and sink current, and that it can also be placed in series with a power supply or battery and allow current to flow through it.  Feel free to ask if you need advisement regarding how to perform these tests.  There is little point in arguing about such well known and easily verified facts regarding a function generator.       

You can also quite easily verify my explanation to you of the "ofs" readings on the LeCroy.  Just turn the LeCroy on, you needn't apply any signal.  Set up the scope to display one or more traces on the screen.  Select a channel and adjust the offset control for that channel.  You will see that channel's horizontal trace move up and down the face of the screen verticaly.  As you do so, the "ofs" numbers will increase positive and negative as you move the trace above or below the screen's horizontal center line.  If you press on the end of the offset control, it will cause that trace to return to the center of the screen and the "ofs" number will as well return to zero.

PW

Rosemary Ainslie

Quote from: picowatt on April 10, 2012, 02:25:09 AM
Rosemary,

Please do experimentally verify that current can both pass through and/or be provided by a function generator.  You need not take anyone's word for that.  It would take very little time to do the experiments necessary to prove that a function generator can both source and sink current, and that it can also be placed in series with a power supply or battery and allow current to flow through it.  Feel free to ask if you need advisement regarding how to perform these tests.  There is little point in arguing about such well known and easily verified facts regarding a function generator. 
I am well aware of the fact that the signal generator can induce a current flow in the circuit.  That was not the issue.  The issue was whether or not it added to or subtracted from the energy at the battery supply.  If it adds any significant amount then that would need to be quantified against our gains.  Since there's no point in speculating on this we intend to test it experimentally.  And I assure you that there are more than enough skilled in the art - to sort out the required test.       

Quote from: picowatt on April 10, 2012, 02:25:09 AMYou can also quite easily verify my explanation to you of the "ofs" readings on the LeCroy.  Just turn the LeCroy on, you needn't apply any signal.  Set up the scope to display one or more traces on the screen.  Select a channel and adjust the offset control for that channel.  You will see that channel's horizontal trace move up and down the face of the screen verticaly.  As you do so, the "ofs" numbers will increase positive and negative as you move the trace above or below the screen's horizontal center line.  If you press on the end of the offset control, it will cause that trace to return to the center of the screen and the "ofs" number will as well return to zero.
I was rather hoping for an honest response in my answer to you regarding the ofs on the display.  It seems rather that you've used this as an opportunity to try and advise our readers that I did not know those rather elementary functions on an instrument that I've used continually for some 2 years now.  Do you still doubt that those voltage values represent the peak to peak voltages - on an AC coupled value?  Because that's what you asked.  And that's what I answered. And you most certainly did NOT read their values as AC.  Considering the level of your alleged expertise one would have thought you'd know better. I didn't know the answer.  But I'm not the expert.

And from memory you asked this seven times or thereby with a sense of outrage and censure that I was not 'jumping' sufficiently quickly - to attention.  You said words to the effect 'If you're not going to answer me - then let me know'.  And that was between the 39 posts from your acolytes while they attacked me for an alleged misrepresentation of the voltage value at the gate - as per your advices.  And all of those posts in the space of about 12 hours.  Charming - I'm sure.  Is that how you 'big boys' deal with things?  Pretend to know everything - and compound the pretense by giving unsolicited and inappropriate advice?  Because that way you can also exaggerate my incompetence.  It's very effective PW or whoever you are.

Rosie Pose

picowatt

Rosemary,

I did indeed provide an honest response to your questions regarding the "ofs" numbers on the LeCroy.  As well, I have provided you with the procedure to verify that answer in my last post.  And again, the offset numbers have nothing to do with "AC" or a "peak to peak" value.

PW

Rosemary Ainslie

Quote from: picowatt on April 10, 2012, 03:05:46 AM
Rosemary,

I did indeed provide an honest response to your questions regarding the "ofs" numbers on the LeCroy.  As well, I have provided you with the procedure to verify that answer in my last post.  And again, the offst numbers have nothing to do with "AC" or a "peak to peak" value.

PW

I KNOW that the offset has nothing to do with peak to peak.  It has everything to do with that AC coupled value.  And the AC coupled value relates to PEAK TO PEAK.  It is applicable to the gate voltage.  You insisted on reading it as DC.  My advices were that you should be applying AC.  In which case the actual voltage across the gate is LESS THAN the value displayed as DC.  And we never apply any adjustments once the coupling has been chosen.  Therefore there is NO ADJUSTMENT made to the traces anywhere at all that is not determined by the machine.  And it is well able to determine zero.

Isn't the object here to determine the actual voltage across the gate?  Wasn't that the point of your question in the first instance?  Has this NOT been answered to your satisfaction?  Are you still implying that the voltage on the DC Coupled value is correct?  If so - and if you're satisfied that the DC voltage has been misrepresented - then I have run out of answers.  Because that's the best advice that I have been given.  By an IMPARTIAL EXPERT.  It may well be that I have not understood that answer sufficiently.  But overall and what I most certainly have had explained - is that the VALUE IS CORRECT - provided that you take the voltage reading as an AC value and NOT a DC value.  Because that incorporates the offset value.  I'm afraid that's the best I can do.

Again
Rosie Pose

added a 'd' to adjustments