Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Probality of God

Started by Newton II, September 14, 2012, 01:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CuriousChris

Quote from: Magluvin on October 13, 2012, 04:32:57 AM

I will say this. I have the Bible as proof for my end, what do you have for your end? Nothing but speculation and conjecture. I beat you out 1 to none on that point alone. What is left for you to argue? Or is this your thing and you are a beginner?

Magzimus Leviticus

So your proof is a book written by man. Your arguments are to repeat the arguments uttered by other people. You have no basis for your faith except to choose to believe what others say.

Which is as I have said earlier the reason for so many different religions. And why people choose a religion which suits there own internal purposes or that they have been indoctrinated in.

You have no proof that what you have been taught and choose to believe is the truth.

"The book says that all that was created merely 10,000 (ten thousand) years ago. At least its followers believe that, based on biblical calculations."

Verifiably false. Therefore the book is verifiably false.

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: Magluvin on October 13, 2012, 05:04:28 AM
A hypothesis by Douglas Adams ::)

And speculation by the Fool. ;)

I see nothing there that proves that God does not exist.  I know you are playing that card as if it is.  ;)   

Ok what else ya got?  ;)

Magzimus Leviticus
it is proven... and here is the evidence:

when you ask the wrong questions, or in your case, none at all... the answers don't really mean anything.
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

Magluvin

Quote from: CuriousChris on October 13, 2012, 05:05:17 AM
So your proof is a book written by man. Your arguments are to repeat the arguments uttered by other people. You have no basis for your faith except to choose to believe what others say.

Which is as I have said earlier the reason for so many different religions. And why people choose a religion which suits there own internal purposes or that they have been indoctrinated in.

You have no proof that what you have been taught and choose to believe is the truth.

"The book says that all that was created merely 10,000 (ten thousand) years ago. At least its followers believe that, based on biblical calculations."

Verifiably false. Therefore the book is verifiably false.

Oh, so your saying that since it has been verified that the earth has been in existence for way more than 10k years, the book must be false?

Mags

CuriousChris

Quote from: Magluvin on October 13, 2012, 05:15:01 AM
Oh, so your saying that since it has been verified that the earth has been in existence for way more than 10k years, the book must be false?

Mags

Yes!

But to eloborate.

Creationists believe the book is a matter of fact and the earth has only existed for a short time period.

But maybe you choose not to be a creationist. Therefore you are saying I'll choose a different version of events (to creationists).

Now you should be able to see the problem. The book is interpreted differently by different people. Therefore there are different religions. some which differ on a few minor points. Some which differ on major points. Some that do not see eye to eye at all.

But how does anyone know their version of the truth is the correct one?

Newton II

Quote from: eatenbyagrue on October 13, 2012, 12:51:25 AM

And you still have everything backwards.  No one has to prove that religion is wrong.  Claims without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.  It is up to theists to prove that their outlandish claims are right.  For example, if you posit there is an afterlife, well explain how you know this.  And old Jewish fairy tales do not count, or I can start trotting out Lord of the Rings as evidence.

Who is talking about religion?   I am talking about spiritualism and probality of God.   

Science is quest for truth and spiritualism is also quest for truth.   Sceince's quest is about visible world which is explainable.   Spiritualism's   quest  is about invisible world which cannot be explained but only be realised. 

Newton wrote about absolute time, absolute space etc.  But Einstein denied the notion of absolute and said everything is relativistic and nothing is absolute. Tomorrow some other scientist may say that everything is just an illusion.    Which means that scientists are not clear about what they are talking about. So why should we trust these scientists when they say God does not exist?.    They should give clear picture of everything before coming to conclusion.