Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Probality of God

Started by Newton II, September 14, 2012, 01:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravityblock

Quote from: hoptoad on November 03, 2012, 04:42:29 AM
Any designer that would deliberately create a simple single celled organism such as an amoeba, with two hundred times more complexity than that required for a multi celled organism like a human being, could hardly be described as intelligent. So much design overkill and wasted building resources would indicate a lack of intelligent forethought, and poor design inception.

Quote from: CuriousChris on November 03, 2012, 12:23:50 AM

That's not true at all. In fact it is a strong argument FOR evolution.

You have the wrong end of the stick altogether. If DNA was the result of intelligent design then perhaps it would be more efficient. Therefore an inefficient bloated bit of code points to a poor design, what one would expect if design was purely random.

No, I have the right end of the stick.  I never said the amoeba was two hundred times more complex than a human being (both of you made this same mistake).  I said in reply #1067 to hoptoad, "So, according to your logic, the amoeba dubia is 200 times more complex than humans and should have evolved into a much higher life form than people.  This isn't the case, so DNA disproves evolution and proves an intelligent designer or Creator (God)!". 

There is a small portion of the human genome that codes for proteins (less than 2% - genes).  The other 98% of the human genome is called junk DNA by evolutionists, saying it has no apparent purpose, that is until you account for millions if not billions of mutations based on random unguided processes that no longer have a phenotype in modern humans.  As scientists of the ENCODE project delved into the "junk"  parts of the DNA that are not actual genes containing instructions for proteins, they discovered a complex system that controls genes. It includes a system of  4 million switches that, acting like dimmer switches for lights, control which genes are used in a cell and when they are used, and determine, for instance, whether a cell becomes a liver cell or a neuron.  30,0000 genes coded with 4 million dimmer like switches for control shows much more complexity than the amoeba genome which is coded mostly for proteins with a lack of control switches.

DNA is very efficient without any bloated bits of code with no design overkill or wasted building resources, and this indicates an Intelligent Designer!

Gravock 
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

gravityblock

Monkey's Uncle?

Evolutionists have trumpeted the similarity of the chimpanzee genome to that of humans, claiming that since the chimpanzee DNA profile matched ours up to 98% (debated number) that this was proof of evolution. However, the 98% number related only to the 2% of the respective genomes that code for protein.

Given that, the Encode Project findings indicate that the vast majority of the two genomes are totally unrelated. In fact the extreme differences between the two species non coding DNA regions is too large to have occurred in the period alleged to have existed between the supposed evolution of chimps and man.

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

CuriousChris

Quote from: Bruce_TPU on November 04, 2012, 09:41:24 AM
I am not shouting.  I use all caps on certain words for "emphasis".  I use bold face for long rebuttels, so that the reader can determine easily, at a glance the questioner, vs the rebuttel.

I quote the Word of God, because man's "opinion" is nonsense, and it is only "God's opinion" on any given subject that counts.  Even if the reader does not believe in God, it does NOT (all caps given for emphasis, not shouting... ;) ) change the truth of God's Word, nor the certainty of which it will come to pass.  "Heaven and Earth will pass away but my word shall abide forever."  "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceeds from the mouth of God."

So, I share with the readers what the Lord's thoughts are on the given subject.  For that is REALLY what is important.   :)

P.S.  To answer your question, I do not judge another man's servant.  They serve the Lord.  That is between they and he.  How do I know he did not tell them to stand where they are and speak what they are speaking? 

Peace to you,

Bruce

I will assume then you are not well versed in Internet etiquette. Using ALL CAPS is considered the height of bad manners. it is the equivalent of shouting down someone you are talking to. 

With respect to the street corner shouters. I want to ask you and the other faithers what they think of them. You support them as "doing gods work' So I'll assume you can find some scripture somewhere to back that statement up?

I have imagined having a conversation something like the following with one, although I am not suicidal enough to actually do it.

Imaginary conversation with a spruiker

Me:        Hi, I have been wanting to ask you about your preaching for a long time, may I?
Them:    PLEASE YES, oops sorry force of habit.
Me:        How many souls would you need to save to make your preaching worthwhile
Them:    I would be happy just saving one soul.
Me:        Do you believe we are responsible for our actions?
Them:    Yes we are all responsible for what we do.
Me:        So why do you do this?
Them:    God has called on me to do this. He has spoken to me personally so I spread his word.
Me:        So its gods will that you do this?
Them:    Yes
Me:        Are those who would drive a wedge between God and his people responsible for their actions?
Them:    Yes they are. They would burn in hell for depriving God of even one soul.
Me:        So you are going to hell then?
Them:    What No Err
Me:        See these people around here, Many like me are thinking I do not want to be involved in the religion this guy is shouting about. How many do you think you have turned away from God today alone? I'd be guessing at least 20
Them:    ????
Me:        Guess I'll see you in hell then.

gravityblock

Consider the term "junk DNA."  Implicit in this term is the view that because the genome of an organism has been cobbled together through a long, undirected evolutionary process, the genome is a patchwork of which only limited portions are essential to the organism.  Thus on an evolutionary view we expect a lot of useless DNA.

If, on the other hand, organisms are designed, we expect DNA, as much as possible, to exhibit function. And indeed, the most recent findings suggest that designating DNA as "junk" merely cloaks our current lack of knowledge about function (Dembski 1998)

Gravock

CuriousChris

Quote from: gravityblock on November 05, 2012, 05:01:31 AM
Monkey's Uncle?

Evolutionists have trumpeted the similarity of the chimpanzee genome to that of humans, claiming that since the chimpanzee DNA profile matched ours up to 98% (debated number) that this was proof of evolution. However, the 98% number related only to the 2% of the respective genomes that code for protein.

Given that, the Encode Project findings indicate that the vast majority of the two genomes are totally unrelated. In fact the extreme differences between the two species non coding DNA regions is too large to have occurred in the period alleged to have existed between the supposed evolution of chimps and man.

Gravock

As I said

1/ I personally don't believe in random mutations. There is a lot more going on. because we don't know the whole truth doesn't mean we wont eventually know it.
2/ You are still calling on the god of the gaps to fill in the missing bits.

But I have done some reading of late I realised my view of the Jewish beliefs was highly suspect as it was taught to me by Christians. I have found it most intersting so far and will continue my study.