Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

UFO politics Keeps his word 12-12 12 Let the games begin.......

Started by ramset, December 13, 2012, 08:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magluvin

Quote from: poynt99 on January 05, 2013, 10:49:16 AM
tinman,

Per your video, are you certain the pulley diameter is 7.17 inches?

I believe you said the pulley diameter is 58mm, which is 2.28 inches. This yields a circumference of 7.16 inches.

It might be 7.10 soon enough.  ;D

Mags

tinman

Quote from: TinselKoala on January 05, 2013, 11:47:45 AM
@.99: thanks for the explanation... I see your point now. Has anyone voiced this objection to Lewin?

@Tinman: Good job, as usual... thanks for spending the time and money to do this. Who could have imagined that all these motors (and cheap induction cookers!) could all be so "clearly" overunity in performance.

I'm looking forward to seeing your schematic for the cap/LED/diode board testing. The schematic for the little function generator would also be very helpful in case the specifics of that circuit might be important for the effect. (I don't see how or why, but just in case a standard FG can't reproduce the effect, it would be nice to know the circuit of your oscillator.)

I've done a little bit of searching for your oscilloscope... a single channel scope is kind of unusual these days..... It looks like it has the same kinds of knobs on it as my Topward power supply, so I thought it might be a Topward, but Topward's current lines of scopes are different, so I'm still in the dark about your scope.
Hi TK
I will get the schematic up today with the next video.
The wave generator seems not to be keeping a 50/50 % duty cycle when hooked to the coil.
This i asume is why we see a current drop on the positive input side and a current rise on the negative side-or visa versa depending on frequency.
But in the next video you will see this not to be the case,and for some reason i get two diferent duty cycles fron each half of the pancake coil ?

About the scope-after much serching,i found it (should have taken more care with the manual for it)
http://www.haines.com.au/index.php/physics/heat-light-sound/cathode-ray-oscilloscope-single-trace-cro-0-10-mhz.html
I have changed the knobs on the dial's as the original ones split at the shaft hole,and just spun in circles.

MileHigh

Just a few thoughts on powering the big DC motor with pulses from a MOSFET array instead of directly from the battery.  This is what UFO wants to do.  Anybody feel free to correct me or comment.

I suppose the first question is is your pulsing frequency going to be faster than the commutator contact time or slower.  Let's just look at the case where the pulsing frequency is faster than the commutator contact time.  Let's assume the duty cycle of the pulsing is 50%.

With the DC case the applied voltage has all of the available time the commutator contact is ON to push current through the motor coil.  So with a longer push time you get more current to flow through the motor coil and hence you can put more power into the motor.  When the commutator contact switches OFF you get a spark between the commutator and the brushes.

With the pulsing case the shorter voltage pulses have less time to push current through the motor coil.  So you can expect to pump less power into the motor as compared to the DC case.  Don't forget that every time a pulse goes OFF the next pulse has to start over from zero current flow.  When the MOSFET array switches OFF the motor coil will generate a voltage spike that will try to continue pushing current though the MOSFET array.  So most likely the MOSFET array will need some sort of protection.

If the MOSFET array is on the low side, the drain pins are going to see a big positive voltage spike.  If the MOSFET array is on the high side, the source pins are going to see a big negative voltage spike.

Honestly it would be unwise to expect any "magic" to happen if you start powering a DC motor with voltage pulses.  In the preliminary analysis it just looks like you are going to be able to pump less electrical power into the motor.  Therefore it will output less mechanical power.  If you want the same output power then you have to compensate by raising the voltage level of the pulses.  There will be more spiking on the power connections because of the extra switching.

Thinking more about this, at normal RPMs for a 40-pole motor I suppose that the commutator contact time is quite short.  So that may mean it's more likely that the pulsing frequency will be slower than the commutator contact time.  So in the case were the DC pulse is ON for multiple commutator contact times, that looks more like the DC case than the pulsing case.  It's a mish-mash that I don't think makes much sense.

What this really means is that you want to do some preliminary number crunching and determine what kind of pulsing frequency you need or what you want to work with.  Also, you should look at the current waveforms and the various voltage waveforms for both setups, load and no load.  Your oscilloscope is an indispensable tool for this investigation.

Naturally there is a logical comparative test that can be done to see if the pulsing case is getting you anything:  Run a Prony break test with a pure DC connection and measure the mechanical output power and efficiency.   Then do a Prony brake test with the voltage pulsing where the motor outputs at approximately the same RPM and approximately the same output power.  You may have to increase the voltage of the pulses to do this.  Then measure the mechanical output power and efficiency.   Compare the two test results.

MileHigh

TinselKoala

@tinman
Well... I built the circuit, and it works, of course, but I have a couple of questions.
(maybe you should start a thread, this is very interesting stuff and there will be much discussion; we don't want to hijack this thread....)
Anyway...
1. The "load" connection is where the orange LED goes, right?
2. You are using one DMM milliammeter in series with the "positive" output of the signal generator, to the board, and the other DMM in series with the "negative" lead from the SG (common ground, actually your hookup is directly to the battery for the SG) to the board, right?
3. Where are you hooking up your scope?

I've seen some interesting things already. For example, the orange LED hooked at the "load" connection is seeing almost pure DC with only a very slight ripple, barely perceptible (not too surprising considering the 2200 uF cap). And I think I know the explanation for the different current readings. It's not that the duty cycle changes, but rather the shape of the waveform changes, according to the input voltage from my FG. At low input voltages and frequencies the positive and negative sides of the signal are symmetrical, looking sort of like a half-funnel, with a short almost level portion from a peak voltage of around 3v at the start of a half-cycle going down to about zero at the end, where the waveform flips and there is a peak at -3V then "increasing" to zero for the next half-cycle. But when the input voltage is increased and/or the frequency is increased, there is a longer flat zone in the negative half-cycle, where it just stays at -3V and no longer looks like a flipped version of the positive half-cycle. Thus, the DMM's "average" current reading will be higher for this half-cycle.... I think.
You should be able to see this on your scope by hooking it across the main LEDs/TBcoil, and then varying the frequency and-or the voltage output of your signal generator.
I have not yet hooked in any DMMs to see if I can get the same kinds of readings you show in your latest video. Did you ever determine the in-line DC resistance of your DMMs when used as milliammeters?
When you start a thread I'll try to put some scope images there, and later on I'll try to make a video of my findings so far.
Thanks for this interesting circuit...  It makes beautiful waveforms. If you have another TB coil, try using it as a "pickup": scope this second coil and lay it down onto the operating coil. I see very beautiful "tornadoes" or inductive rings on every half-cycle this way. The rings are only happening in the second coil, of course, as the operating coil switches back and forth. Beautiful nevertheless.

ramset

Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma