Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Tesla's "COIL FOR ELECTRO-MAGNETS".

Started by Farmhand, April 21, 2013, 09:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbignes5

Quote from: synchro1 on August 28, 2014, 03:03:12 PM
@Jbigness5,

Thanks!

Tesla appears to power the copper disk with an oscillating sine wave from an LC tank in series, exactly like I power my magnet spinner after the Reed Switch electrodes seperate over the operating frequency and it turns into a capacitor. The big difference is, the magnet spinner reinforces the sine wave amplitude and outputs power back into the circuit!

Let me add that I'm among Farmhand's ardent fans, and believe he should be able to deal with us pirating the thread a little, without jumping overboard!.

Not quite. They are longitudinal impulses that propagate along 1 wire. Not a sign wave in the least bit. the special transformer does use a capacitive discharge across a magnetic spark gap. this is like a magnetic diode effect that only allows one part of an AC discharge. This is how he gets impulses of the right character. Check out the entire link I provided. It shows all the circuit and not just one aspect like I showed, which is the output usage.

jbignes5

Bob Smith

jbignes5
Thanks very much for your post.
It's good to be able to see more clearly through the eyes of Tesla (and TK), and I appreciate your clarification.
Bob

synchro1

@Jbigness5,

Thanks, I'll look at it.

The rated capacitance of the 12 volt Reed Switch is .2 pico farads. Pretty small because only the electrode tips are overlapping, but just right to resonate with an 8 micro henry thread spool coil of 40 turns at 400 hertz. This is where the switch stops closing, and input power is curtailed.

The Resonance Formula for these inductance and capacitive values confirm that the self resonating frequency was exactly at the 25K rpm of the spinner when the speed burst was noticed.     

Magluvin

Quote from: jbignes5 on August 28, 2014, 04:43:28 PM

....a capacitive discharge across a magnetic spark gap. this is like a magnetic diode effect that only allows one part of an AC discharge. This is how he gets impulses of the right character.

From what I know ::) ;D , the magnets blew out the spark like using compressed air, etc. Probably like in a glass television picture tube, the deflection coils can bend the electron beam. So when the cap voltage gets to be enough to jump the gap, as the spark discharges the cap, the stream of electrons is pulled and pushed from its straight path from electrode to electrode due to the srong magnets. Maybe the magnets bend the path enough that it stops due to too great a distance as the bend grows ??? ;D . Also probably cutting off the spark well before completely discharging the cap.

Tito once told me in pm that, yes, he uses a zener as a spark gap.  So possibly putting it all together here, we would need a rectifier diode in series with a reverse biased zener(probably high voltage), in which the rectifier diode forces the one way street and the zener stops conduction from the cap at a particular voltage level. One more item would be needed. A timed/voltage controlled  switch in series with the diode and zener. The trigger level to turn on the transistor would be what ever voltage that is higher than the zener voltage that you desire. This would effectively produce a disrupted discharge. Say the trigger turns on the transistor at say 300v, and the zener cuts it off at 250v. Just an example. The transistor should stay on after trigger voltage is met, possibly also  triggered off when the zener cuts out. Would have to be worked out.

I dont believe that the magnets at the spark gap act as a rectifier.  I believe a spark could happen in either direction, just the bending would be opposite. So the idea of the abrupt cutoff is to stop current in one direction abruptly without any possibility of continued current flow from the cap to the load/coil, like a reed switch allowing current to continue to flow across the spark between the open contacts. And once the cap has lost some charge from an abrupt discharge, the voltage is not high enough to breach the gap, so no chance of refire till the caps voltage reaches breaking point.  In the zener gap model, the switch would be triggered by a preset breach voltage level sensor from the discharge cap. Probably better than trying to use a timer and tune to operating freq.  ;D   And the switch,transistor needs to be turned off just 'after' the zener makes the break in current flow. This way the switch/transistor is protected from possible spikes, that tend to burn transistors.

Mags

synchro1

The coil's series bifilar.

Here's the magnet:

1/2" od x 1/8" id x 1/2" thick
Nickel Plated
Diametrically Magnetized

It might help lower the sine wave powering threshold by wiring a higher value capacitor in parallel with the Reed Switch through a DPDT switch. We can run it up and engage the extra tank capacitor by blade switch, to lower the tank frequency and perhaps achieve self running at a lower R.P.M! A trimmer capacitor placed here might act as a speed controller. One switch position for pulse power,  the other for LC oscillating sine wave! Anything in the ballpark might work! I think this system needs a battery for a ground, after sine wave transition, but not for power.

TinselKoala demonstrated that a magnet spinner no longer acts as a load when it's driven by a sine wave, but actually reduces input. The faster it spins, the more power it feeds back to it's own power coil.