Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Gravity CAN do Work

Started by mondrasek, July 19, 2013, 12:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthecuttingedge2005

it's not that you are blind, it's that you wish to be blind,

mondrasek

Gravity causes the weakest or strongest Force we know of.  Depending on the mass at the center of it's acceleration field, or something like that.  Here on Earth it is a pretty miniscule Force.  That is because the mass of the Earth is relatively small compared to other celestial bodies, or even when viewed as a fraction of the mass of the entire Universe, etc.  Even the tiniest magnet can overcome it!

I agree that using gravity to power anything meaningful is a stretch.  Is it a practical solution to any energy need?  Probably not too many cases.  But gravity does exist everywhere on this planet, regardless of the location's proximity to a conventional power grid or accessibility to solar, wind, or other natural energy sources.  But enough with that for now... 

I was taught that Gravity is a Conservative Field of Force and therefor cannot do Work.  More recently I was told of a device that appears to contradict that claim.  I assembled a simulation of a principle form of that device in a Physics based software program.  The simulation reacts in a similar manner to the device it was intended to model and therefor also appears to contradict the claim that Gravity cannot do Work.

I think the discussion should be focused on the principal of the device more so than on the intentions of myself or the inceptor.  I am of no consequence AFAIK.  The device and what it potentially demonstrates is, however, significant.

M.

Gabriele

I think it is probable with moving right the weight ,the system lose potential energy. If you can attach the wm file it's sure we understand the trik

mondrasek

Here is the WM2D file from the video.  Also attached should be the DXF file of the geometry in a .zip file so you can build your own if you like.

The geometry file has extra circles to be targets for the pins (axles).  I erased all of those (after placing the pins) except the one on the far upper left that is the counterweight and the two smaller ones that are rollers.  After assembly I added the "slider weight" from the included WM2D tools and changed it's mass to be 1 kg.  I positioned it somewhat near the center of the lever arm that I moved it on in the video and then adjusted the mass parameter of the counterweight until the system nearly balanced.

No other changes to parameters of object or additional items were added.

I think I changed the collision value from .01 to .001 to accommodate the scale of the objects and the clearance I allowed for the rollers.

M.

Gabriele