Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A strong permanent magnet and a small coil

Started by buddyboy, July 26, 2013, 03:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberty

Quote from: tinman on August 27, 2013, 10:13:01 AM
It was you that threw out the bold statement,not me. I just tried to tell you that it cannot be done.
A direct current cannot be produced by 2 magnets and a coil-full stop.
But i see you are now coming up with the excuses as to why you wont confirm your claim's-this is tipical of some one that CANNOT back up there claim's. We see this all the time,so no further discusion is required in reguards to your magic DC power plant.

@Liberty.
I have to disagree with what you said about it being pulsed DC. DC current flow's in one direction(if we are to use that term),while AC current alternates in both direction and voltage,and most of the time current aswell.
Your Quote:but what generators/alternators produce during power generation is actually only pulse DC, no matter what the configuration or type of generator/alternator.

Would you not agree that to get a DC current,we need to rectify,and also use smoothing cap's?
There are DC generator's(i have one),but it is not a smooth DC,but rather noisey and erratic without smoothing cap's. Now vehicle altinator's have built in diode's to rectify the current,but this is also not a smooth DC current until you hook it to the battery-even then,you can see the ripple on a scope when you draw a load from the battery(eg headlights on).

My point was that Magregus is talking rubbish,and now as you can see,he is looking for a way out-the excuses are flowing already.
But nothing out of the ordinary,as we see it time and time again, when people make claims they cannot back up.

What you have described is a varying DC voltage.  Yes, to have a smooth output, you may need to use smoothing caps on a pulse DC generator. Also you will need to use smoothing caps on a diode (rectifier) output from an "AC" generator, such as a car alternator.  But I still stand by my statement as true.  If you look at a pulse output from a coil on a o-scope, you will see the pulse is one polarity only, that varies in voltage, by an increasing flux flow or a decreasing flux flow in the coil, but it will not go into the opposite polarity unless you change the flux flow direction, coil polarity, or direction of motion.  Not to argue, just to give another perspective that appears to hold true.  Or if you will, a law of nature and physics.

Liberty
Liberty

"Converting Magnetic Force Into Motion"
Liberty Permanent Magnet Motor

tinman

Quote from: Liberty on August 27, 2013, 10:31:56 AM
  If you look at a pulse output from a coil on a o-scope, you will see the pulse is one polarity only, that varies in voltage, by an increasing flux flow or a decreasing flux flow in the coil,
Liberty
No,once again i disagree.
If you pulse a coil (switch on then off) the polarity changes,only the current flow remains in the same direction. Also an altinator is called an altinator because it produces AC(altinating current),by the switching of magnetic fields.It is then rectified to give an untidy DC current,which is sent to the battery.Most altinators are 3 phase AC,and the waveform will look like the one pictured below.As you can see,there is no DC there.

Liberty

Quote from: tinman on August 27, 2013, 10:59:44 AM
If you pulse a coil (switch on then off) the polarity changes,only the current flow remains in the same direction. Also an altinator is called an altinator because it produces AC(altinating current),by the switching of magnetic fields.It is then rectified to give an untidy DC current,which is sent to the battery.Most altinators are 3 phase AC,and the waveform will look like the one pictured below.As you can see,there is no DC there.

(Speaking in respect to a single coil output).  For instance, a magnetic field approaches a coil, the output voltage will increase (say positive in relationship to zero voltage point) from the coil with current flow in only one direction (DC).  When the magnet leaves the coil, the current flow from the coil remains in the same direction (DC), but the voltage output starts from the peak voltage output, and decreases over time, as the magnet moves away, until it returns to zero output. (Varying DC output).  It will not ever have current flow in the opposite direction. (Voltage polarity remains positive (and therefore current flow) does not pass the zero point in respect to the zero voltage point on a scope).  If we are talking about a positive pulse in relationship to the zero volt point on a scope, it will not go negative or below zero.  Current flow remains in the same direction, which is a varying DC output, with current flow always remaining in the same direction.  In order to have an AC output, it must be manufactured by the alternator by using alternating magnet polarities or other methods that accomplish the same thing.  (Which will produce an alternating varying DC voltage output by passing by each alternating magnet polarity which creates current flow in an alternating voltage potential, above zero point, (positive voltage) returning to zero; then below zero point, (negative voltage) then returning to zero).  Which is an alternating current or AC sine wave that varies positive and negative voltage.  Current flows one direction, then reverses with AC.
  .   .            positive
.       .
_____ zero voltage point

negative

We are very close to agreement, but have different understandings of what a decreasing voltage pulse amounts to.  The voltage does not change polarity during a decrease in voltage pulse output from a coil, unless it passes the zero point, which would reverse current flow direction.  However, a diode can conduct on a decreasing power pulse, (even while remaining in positive voltage territory) whether the pulse passes the zero voltage point (becoming negative) or not.  In the pulse diagram, the polarity remains positive, yet increasing, then decreasing in voltage potential as the magnet leaves, but never goes below the zero point.   This is why generators/alternators technically produce pulse DC output or varying DC output.

Liberty

-
Liberty

"Converting Magnetic Force Into Motion"
Liberty Permanent Magnet Motor

Magluvin

Quote from: Liberty on August 27, 2013, 12:19:10 PM
(Speaking in respect to a single coil output).  For instance, a magnetic field approaches a coil, the output voltage will increase (say positive in relationship to zero voltage point) from the coil with current flow in only one direction (DC).  When the magnet leaves the coil, the current flow from the coil remains in the same direction (DC), but the voltage output starts from the peak voltage output, and decreases over time, as the magnet moves away, until it returns to zero output. (Varying DC output).  It will not ever have current flow in the opposite direction.

I would have to disagree.

It sounds like you are talking about the rotor magnet inducing current in the coil, right?

When we use a scope to watch the output of the coil, with a complete pass of the magnet, there will be 1 AC cycle produced. Maybe we are forgetting the basics of producing current through a conductor using a moving magnet, or vice verse.

When the magnet approaches the coil, the magnetic field will be 'cutting' the approaching side of the winding first. This will cause currents to flow in those conductors, lets say up as the magnet is moved from left to right, causing a clockwise positive current flow in the coil. That half of the AC cycle will be at 0v 0A, when the magnet reaches the center of the coil....  Then when the magnet passes center, the magnetic field 'cuts' the departing side of the coils windings, again, causing current to flow 'up', once again, Faraday, but the current in the coil is now flowing counter clockwise, and the output will be negative. The reason the current goes to 0 current flow is because the magnets field is cutting both the approaching and departing side of the coil equally, where current in both sides of the coil want to go 'up', but they cant because of canceling, or better yet 2 equal charges facing each other at the top and bottom of the coil. ;)

Also, if you have 2 magnets passing the rotor, having one magnet N facing the approaching side of the coil, and a S magnet facing the departing side of the coil, now we will be inducing more of the coil at once, rather than just 1/2 of the coil at any given pass. Imagine 1 magnet passing just one side of the 'inductor' only, the induced currents may have to fight the inductance of the other side of the coil. So by doubling the magnets NSNS, more output should be had. ;) ;D

Mags

Magluvin

Quote from: tinman on August 27, 2013, 10:59:44 AM

Hows it going Tin   ;)

"If you pulse a coil (switch on then off) the polarity changes,only the current flow remains in the same direction."

When you say 'polarity changes', are you talking about magnetic or electric polarity?

Mags