Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A strong permanent magnet and a small coil

Started by buddyboy, July 26, 2013, 03:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magluvin

Here is a visual of the idea. Its not hard to do.

If the Faraday dynamo can induce currents in the copper disk, with the magnet moving with the disk, then in the picture below, copper fat wire loop with magnets all moving as one unit in the direction of the arrow, we should get current in a coil mounted to magnets and putting them in motion, the green arrow. The field between the 2 magnets closest to the arrow would cause current to flow up or down, depending on the pole designations, and the part of the loop between the other 2 magnets should cause current to flow opposite of the front magnets. So current in the loop should flow. Now open the loop and we get very low voltage but high current capabilities, like the Faraday dynamo. So we replace this copper loop with a coil of fine wire to get that voltage up. ;) ;D

Mags

Pirate88179

Mags:

Nice drawing.

I am assuming that the toroid shape is a solid piece of copper....right?  (as in Faraday's disk)  What if that circle were segmented?  Slice it into say 4 pieces and put back together with an insulator between the joints?  As it turns, you would have interruptions so, would that generate pulses?  If so, what would that do to the voltage/power?  The faster it was turned, the higher the frequencies.

Just brainstorming a little...it is possible that I am on the wrong track with your idea.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Magluvin

Quote from: tinman on August 28, 2013, 07:19:35 AM
Hey Mag's-fancy meeting you here lol.
I was refering to electrical polarity,as if it was the magnetic polarity,the current would change direction.
And spot on with post 18.
Here is a video i did some time ago showing this by using LED's,a coil and magnet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itP3QJ_-BL0

Hey Tin.  ;D   I missed that post :(

Great demonstration.  ;)    If there is a core in the coil, the approaching and departing fields will be more dense giving more output, also the core shields the departing side of the coil from the approaching magnets field and it shields the approaching side of the coil while leaving the departing side of the coil. Like if you have a large magnet and an air core coil, during the approach, its fields are extending strongly into the coil as a whole, hindering output some, considering the extra weight of the mag and distance it has to go to get the job done.  All that may be confusing.

To understand it better, if you did the same experiment in your vid, but make a coil with a large inner diameter, where the approaching side of the coil is say a couple inches away from the departing side, the leds should only light when the magnet passes the windings, either the approaching or departing windings, and not much output any where in the middle, current wise.

And if we make a large inner diameter coil but only the up and down, not side to side, where we just put 2 nails in a table and wind on that so that the approaching side and the departing side are right next to each other, it would take a tall thin magnet passing in order for the field to cut only one side of the windings first then last, in order to get any appreciable output.

Looking forward to the pulse motor contest. Lasersaber should enter his. I wont enter my version as it is his baby and that wouldnt be right.  ;) But I have an odd idea I may try for entrance. :o ;D

Mags

Mags

Magluvin

Quote from: Pirate88179 on August 28, 2013, 10:51:42 PM
Mags:

Nice drawing.

I am assuming that the toroid shape is a solid piece of copper....right?  (as in Faraday's disk)  What if that circle were segmented?  Slice it into say 4 pieces and put back together with an insulator between the joints?  As it turns, you would have interruptions so, would that generate pulses?  If so, what would that do to the voltage/power?  The faster it was turned, the higher the frequencies.

Just brainstorming a little...it is possible that I am on the wrong track with your idea.

Bill

Hey Bill

Yes, big copper doughnut.  ;D   Just for ease of description. It is looped just for simple visual. If we open the loop, we would still just get tiny voltage out, like the disk, due to very low resistance between the ends. So the more individual conductors in series, using a coil, the voltages should be up.

In that post, I said that the doughnut could be replaced by a coil of wire. The coil or even the doughnut does not rotate. The coil and magnet are fixed as one unit. Then it could be mounted to say a bicycle wheel to light an led when the wheel rotates. Or mount some on a rotor to move them in the direction of the arrow.

In Faradays original U magnet with a copper disk and brushes for contacts, imagine the fields between the U mag poles as strings. These strings 'cut' across the disk and produces current in the copper. Very low voltage but high currents.

But what is said is that if we have a copper disk and we mount a couple of big ring magnets, one on each side of the disk, in attraction, then the magnets actually move with the disk. But we still get current out of the disk. :o :o   So now, even though the magnets are in motion, we now have to assume that those 'strings' of field between the magnets are stationary in reference to the magnets moving. Otherwise the disk would not be being 'cut' by the strings if the strings moved with the rotating magnets. ;)

So in my picture above, why would we not have that same situation? The strings shouldnt move with our magnet/coil module. So if we move the module in either direction of the arrow, we should get current out of the coil. ;D

This idea I have had for some time and just recently have I come up with the simplest approach as shown above. Will see.

Mags

tinman

Hi Mags

I dont think all that string theory is correct. Like i said befor,you need to have a centrifugal force,and magnetic field to get the free electrons within the copper to flow. With your pic above-there will be no centrifugal force,as your arrow depics a straight line path. You need spin,just like the electron has,and it is my beleife that the magnetic field polarity and rotation direction determonds which way the free electrons spin. This is how we get the polarity between the center of the disk,and the outer edge.There is a very simple way to lift the voltage of a homopolar generator.First you groove the outer edge of the copper disc,so as it looks like a square wave looped back on itself.Then you fill the grooves with a non conductive/hard material-such as ceramic.
Now we can pull a pulsed DC from the disc with the brushes. The output is then sent to "say" a 1:20 transformer. This will give us a decent AC voltage to work with.