Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Ernst says he has the "goods" on Tesla and has filed a patent

Started by ramset, August 05, 2013, 08:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conradelektro

@TinselKoala and all Tesla Coil experts:

According to my humble and rather inexperienced opinion the Slayer-Exciter or Kacher circuit (with a transistor instead of a spark gap) is a very powerful modern versions of the Tesla Coil circuit.

I am talking about a circuit similar to the one attached. One can leave the upper end of the secondary free (no "CFL with parallel capacitor") and has a way to produce long sparks without the hussle of a spark gap. The spark gap was necessary for Tesla because he did not have modern transistors. But today we have very strong and very fast transistors and can work with them.

One could introduce a more clean switching, may be with a second transistor, which would allow to increase the input Voltage from 12 V to may be 24 Volt. May be one can use a MOSFET with a second transistor to switch the Gate cleanly.

Cleaner switching would also allow for more power through the primary (without heating the transistor too much). May be one can feed 100 Ampere through a sturdy primary. The back EMF of the primary could be discharged to ground with a strong Zener-Diode (parallel to Drain/Collector and Source/Emitter) to protect the transistor.

So, may be the experts would go along this rout with me, at least to develop a circuit on paper.

I am not so much interested in "OU or free energy", rather in a moder Tesla Coil circuit which delivers long sparks with a rather low input. Or said differently, I am interested in a very efficient Tesla Coil circuit which transforms most of the input energy into long sparks (and does not wast energy in the rather obsolete spark gap, does not need a motor to turn a rotary spark gab and does not need an air compressor for quenching).

The Slayer Exciter or Kacher circuit driven with batteries also looks a lot safer to me because it has less critical components. The only dangerous High Voltage part would be the secondary. A lot of current through the primary from batteries even at 100 Ampere and 24 Volt can cause burns but no shocks (in case the back EMF of the primary is dissipated to ground).

Greetings, Conrad

TinselKoala

@Conrad:
You are right that the Slayer Exciter is a type of Tesla coil. It is "self resonant" in that it oscillates at its natural resonant frequency and even compensates for changes in the local capacitance so it stays "in tune". As your schematic shows, the Exciter and the Joule Thief have essentially the same circuit and work by the same principle.
True Tesla Coils have air-core resonators, that is, non-saturable cores. JTs get their performance with small amounts of wire because of the cores, but the core material also prevents getting to the true Voltage Rise by Standing Wave Resonance that a non-saturable core can achieve.
I've built and demonstrated a Slayer exciter, but better solid-state Tesla coil designs exist that can produce faster rise and fall times in the primary circuit. Just as with spark-gap coils, the transition time in the primary oscillation is the key to high voltage rise in the secondary.
The short fat coil in the photo above is a ClassE SSTC using a single mosfet in a self-triggering circuit reminiscent of a Bedini SGM. For the field map and the CFL photos it is running on 24 v input at about 1.5 amps. The TinselKoil 2 is a more traditional mosfet H-bridge based SSTC clocked by a TL494 pulse-width-modulation motor driver chip, very popular with SSTC builders. It can run on anything from 24 volts from a battery, to 200 VDC from an external supply, but I usually run it on rectified mains power through an isolation transformer and its built in DC rectifier.

Kator01

Hello ,

although I agree with conradelectro to some extent, a spark-gap has certain characteristics which almost no transitor I know can match.

I will give you here some findings of wesley done some time ago:

http://www.kps.or.kr/home/kor/journal/library/downloadPdf.asp?articleuid=%7B20EB858D-1A4D-4903-8BF1-113BCB3934A4%7D

Wesly posted this link at the Kapanadze-thread page 684, Reply #10245 here for evalutation of sparkgaps:
http://www.overunity.com/7679/selfrunning-free-energy-devices-up-to-5-kw-from-tariel-kapanadze/10245/#.UgQWmFJnSuI

http://rfierro.ecen.ceat.okstate.edu/summa/notes/SwN/SwN28.pdf

Here a very interesting website of professionals I found. Why are these people put so much effort in this technique ?
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com/SparkGaps.htm

Heinrich Hertz experimented with spark gaps and UV-Light. Scroll down to the level where the picture of Hertz is and read the paragraph starting here:
"In 1887, Heinrich Hertz observed the photoelectric effect"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photoelectric_effect

Blowing air into spark gaps ... this was known since the works of Hertz in 1887 !

Regards

Kator01

ramset

A repost from Ernst at Energetic

From Here 
http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/11952-wardenclyffe-teslas-true-intention-19.html

Quote,
Yesterday late, I remembered I forgot an important key to this system: Earth Resonance.
I mentioned it a few times but I did not explain how it works yet.
It is a little bit different from what I thought first, and what I believe anyone would think.
But if you understand these first videos, you are bound to figure it out.
Anyway, this is the second time that I planned a small pause in the video releases and later realised that I should do a bit more. I'll see what I can do today.

Someone from another forum (and probably another reality) is asking how I measure HV.
That is actually a very good question because he is doing it wrong.
Tesla mentions that to obtain streamers from a 38 cm (diameter) polished metal sphere, you need 3 million volts to get enough charge density.
This charge density, of course, depends on the surface of the sphere (4 PI r²) and the charge relates to the voltage and capacitance C = Q/V or Q = C V. The capacitance in pF = 1.111 times the diameter in cm. From this you can determine the required charge density to be 28 nC/cm².
So now you need 1 perfect polished sphere and you can calculate at what voltage streamers will start to appear. With this sphere you can calibrate a Tesla coil, and with that you can test other top-loads that you may have and (at a fixed power level) you can measure arcing distance with these top-loads. At a fixed power level and with a fixed top-load you can say that the arcing distance is relative to the voltage, but increasing the power or sharp edges (or radioactive material or ....) increases this distance for the same voltage.
Streamers, as I said before, are an interesting phenomenon. There is an illusion of movement, but there is none. It is like a glass plate breaking, you can see the break (right word?) growing, giving the illusion of something moving inside the glass. But there is no movement. A sharp edge ionises the air, making it conductive and thus creating a point, a bit further away, from which air will ionise. The point where the electric density is strong enough to ionise the air is moving, creating an ionised path, while loosing energy of course. So the more power you supply the longer your streamers will get and once your streamers hit a metal object a current will start flowing (=discharge).
So there is a bit more to it than just measuring the arcing distance.
In the video where he claims 1.2 MV (36 cm discharge at 1 KW), considering the many sharp edges on his top-load and the 1 KW, my estimate would be closer to 300 KV.

Enough said about that. More interesting things to do. (http://www.energeticforum.com/images/smilies/smile.gif)

Ernst.
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

TinselKoala

Well, let Ernst have his fantasies. Of course a large perfectly polished sphere will hold more charge and Telsa's numbers are correct, as usual. So? He has shown no evidence for his voltage claims, and I have. Sphere-to-plane gap tables are available on the internet, and if he thinks my top capacity is too rough to produce a 1 megavolt spark then he should provide some counter evidence -- while at the same time showing that _his_ top capacities might be capable of supporting his claimed voltages.

But whatever dude. I'm gonna "guess" that I might know more about measuring high voltages than he does, but I'm always willing to be corrected... when I'm wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eogpGHFgV6E

I get 300 kv sparks from my better VDG machines, actually measured with proper calibrated equipment, and I get 500 kV sparks from my Bonetti machines, ditto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fWasxYQZZw

But like I said, whatever. Ernst is applying for a Patent! I've never done that. So more "power" to him.